Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby knee popping

Options
  • 10-05-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

I have come across the following post below on these boards, but the thread was closed as there was no reply, so I couldn't reply. If the user Dryan is still around, I would appreciate if you could tell us if you have found a solution yet.
    Hi Folks,

We have a happy little 8 month old and on friday last, he got a little bit cross as he got hungry. I took him up to feed him and as i had him on my knee, i noticed some strange movements in his left knee. When i examined it more closely, i noticed that as he got a bit agitated, he was popping his knee in and out at his own ease. In the last week we have noticed that he is waking up more and more during the night and tends to cry a bit because of some discomfort.

We took him to casualty the next morning (sat) where he was examined and was xray'd on both hips and both knees and both xrays showed up no defects. The doc on duty told us not to be worrying and basically told us to carry on and forget about it.

The knee is functioning as normal. He can take his own weight on it and it doesnt cause any discomfort.
    He uses it all the time when he is in his 'bouncer' and is happy out.

I looked around on google this morning and i found this article that shows exact same symptoms.

http://www.ejbjs.org/cgi/reprint/60/5/679.pdf

If anyone out there has any experience of the same problem, any help advise would be much appreciated.

We have the exact same problem as above, our baby girl is 7 months old, and her knee started popping in and out today. We took her to the local A&E, she didn't produce the symptomps there, they've sent us home, and it started again.

I noticed that our baby was spending some time in her "bouncer" lately. Also, the article above says that the babies with the same symptoms had joint laxity, which could be inherited from me, the father.

We are going back to the doctors tomorrow, but any help or advice about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement