Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up now

Options
  • 10-05-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Right I quit - maybe a thread in here will be a little motivation :)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Be aware that day 2 and 3 are the worst. Expect that and know by day 4 you will begin on the road to feeling better.
    Organise yourself so you can handle 2 and 3.
    I found keeping really busy did the trick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

I also quit - 24 hours ago using Allen Carr. So far so good, no cravings which Im sure will come in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭johnnyonionring

hey well done to you all for quitting!!! i quit more than 2 months ago after 5 years of smoking 20 a day.

i used allen carrs book and it has really worked for me! what helped me was anytime early on in his method i felt like i wanted a ciggie i just started thinkking of how great it is to be a non smoker!!

and it really is great!! i love being a non smoker and i just knoow this time i'm never goinng to smoke again!! and i hope everyone here doesn't either because you know you'll have to go through quitting again if you do, you may as well stick with it trust me its well worth it!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Be aware that day 2 and 3 are the worst. .

Agree fully.

just see yourself past days 2 and 3 whatever it takes.

thats the only goal you need achieve

No matter how crap you feel, it will be the best thing you ever did for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

I also quit - 24 hours ago using Allen Carr. So far so good, no cravings which Im sure will come in the next few days

Remember that the actual withdrawal symptoms of nicotiine were so mild during your time as a smoker that they didn't even make you wake up at night to relieve them.

Well done.

Well done all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nomore

I am quit just over 2 months and can't say I am an expert, this is the longest I have ever quit for for but I can say that it gets so much better day by day. The first few days are hard with the physical withdrawal, if you are doing cold turkey. After that it really is to keep telling yourself that you won't smoke today. I also avoided smoking areas outside, was very careful having a few drinks, making sure I told everyone at the start of the night that I was not a smoker.

Now I do think of cigarettes and smoking but it is only thoughts and as soon as I realise I tell myself not to be so stupid - to go back to having one which will lead to where I was before I stopped and as Johnny said, to go back to the start of stopping again. I would rather not.

Keep going everyone and well done, do whatever it takes not to smoke, it is not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

MooseJam wrote: »
    Right I quit - maybe a thread in here will be a little motivation :)

OP how are you getting on?

Advertisement