Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damaged plaster ceiling (with pics)

Options
  • 10-05-2009 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Moving out of the gaff soon and need to fix this as best I can lest my deposit get's raided!

It was hit by a weight bar, I do have a weights set in the spare room.
    Ok, ok it was an accident and I wondering can it be patched up. It's hard to judge the size from the pics, it's less then the size of my palm if you can picture that.

I seem to remember a product called pollyfilla or something similar, a sort of plaster application.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Pics or it didn't happen:D

Why not advertise over on adverts, there's a section for services requires, someone may come back with a good price, it looks pretty easy to sort out if you know what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sorryauldstock

get yourself some sandable fillers readymixed would be easier. using a proper filling knife start from the middle of the hole and work your way out. dont try to fill the hole fully in the one go build it up over 2 or 3 fills. leave a few hours between fills to leave the previous one dry fully. after the last layer has dried properly get some fine sand paper and sand it smooth before painting. best of luck getting your deposit back normally they will use any excuse to keep your money.

Advertisement