Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

springer not hungry?

Options
  • 10-05-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

i've a springer bitch who is 6 months old, for the last week or 2 she has gone off her food, i was feeding her twice a day but as a result of her leaving food in her bowl i reduced her feed to just once a day, while this did seem to work initially( she was wolfing the one feed down) she is now back to just picking, i don't know what to do, tis quite frustrating really

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

My Irish Setter is the same every year at this time. Once the temperature rises he eats less. Probably need less to keep warm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

its possible she might be in heat can happen even at six months ?.

go into your local butcher ask him to get some pork livers for you there cheap and full of every thing a pup will want.
    i always feed my pups on it ,they burst out of there skin on it .

but mix it and dont over feed it .

body building food for pups.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭RichieRich

ya jw, it did cross my mind that my little baby is turning into a lady, but i don't see any swelling or staining on her, hopefully it'll right itself, is there any chance it could be worms as i didn't dose her for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

you should be dosing a pup every 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

When was she last wormed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭RichieRich

Jonty wrote: »
    When was she last wormed?

i'd say twas when she was last in with the vet, about 8 weeks ago,
    it just never dawned on me to worm her again,

in any case i gave her a good bowl of food this evening and she ate it all, i'm happy enough at that, but i definitely will get her worm tablets tomorrow, thx guys

Advertisement