Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you enjoying studying in UCD?

Options
  • 10-05-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to how many posters on Boards likes the degree they're studying for.

No atari jaguar in this one I'm afraid.

Do you enjoy the course you've chosen to study? 45 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    57%
    passiveRaphaelSoulessStabshauptmanndelta_bravomuffinmanChakarIrishKnightelgriffeoin2ncremus808Arctic89dhaddockXhristyJev/Nfroosh69conchubhar1FreeFallin33% GodTea-a-Maria 26 votes
    I enjoy some of it, dislike the rest
    20%
    neilledDaXiSant043ZippitydooWackoSRFC90simonrooneyzagaJohnny MarrGary4279 9 votes
    I dislike some of it, enjoy the rest
    22%
    rainbow kirbyKilgore-TroutNotoriousdosedDonny5kev_s88ianthefoxbntmilly4everGobBass 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Anthony Foley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

No
    ...*throws a brick at your face*

That is my answer. If you find a sociology student you may be able to uncover my more elaborate meaning of "don't ask questions like this in the middle of exams, the results will be horribly skewed" and *brick*.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No
    I would go for a yes. The whole college experience is absolutely nothing like I expected, studying a subject i had little interest in at second level and now i hope to pursue postgrad study in the same subject.

On a more basic level of actually studying and researching in UCD I dont enjoy the study facilities but that may be more down to the way I study than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Gavin Henson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

No
    I have to take a year out because I had a baby, I can't wait to go back! Seriously missing it all:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Actually hate the course i'm studying. Finishing up third year now so will more than likely complete fourth year if i can hold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No
    I enjoy my course. I also added a fourth option for people who like most of their course, but dislike bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There are parts I'm not enjoying, which tend to be the parts that I feel are irrelevant to the programme I chose. I'm doing an Engineering degree, but there are some courses that are IMHO unprofessional and/or not really Engineering courses. Such as "Statistics for Engineering", which (despite the title and a couple of examples) seems to have very little to do with Engineering, and is not what I signed up for.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Of course there are parts I dislike, but enjoy it for the most part. Actually love it for the most part. Really helps that I am studying what I want to do too, most important part of college I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At this stage I'm just sick of it, then again that could just be down to the fact I'm just at the end of final year and needing sleep and alcohol in equal measures!

I've liked some parts of it, there have been other parts I've really disliked. I still don't know if I can see myself doing postgrad work in CS though, though that could be more down to being a little burnt out than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

i hate the fact that i dont go to parties or know many people. but i love my course. ill have to work on the rest next year

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PaythePiper

No
    I love what im studying but every other aspect of UCD is a bit of a letdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

passive wrote: »
    ...*throws a brick at your face*

And you call yourself passive! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

No
    Notorious wrote: »
    And you call yourself passive! :p