Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Four of a kind poker - Vegas mini package satellite - Sunday 21st June

• 10-05-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

fourofakindpoker.jpeg
    Presents
    Vegas mini Package Satellite

I've decided to run a tournament that will be something like the Vegas dream package offered on Ladbrokes at the moment. A package worth €4800 will include Return flights to Vegas with ten nights accommodation(approx €2000) for two people(at least this gives the winner the option of bringing someone along), and €2800 to spend on main event satellites in Vegas or in any other way he/she wants!
    Most of my regular players wanted this type of deal rather than a full package like last years event with entry to the wsop main event included.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding the structure of the main event. I've tried to give as much play as possible considering its only a 1 day event.

Charter:
    Main Event

1. Who is running the event: Four of a kind Poker
    2. The purpose of the event: Commercial
    3. Date and Location of event: Sunday 21st June, The Moylurg Inn, Boyle, Co.Roscommon
    4. Registration and Start time of event. Reg from 1pm, Starts @ 2pm sharp.
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc): No
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) At the door. Places limited to 40 players.
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) No limit Texas Hold'em. Freezeout!
    8. Cost of entry €320
    9. Cost of registration: €30
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund: 1 vegas mini package for every €4800 in prize pool
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. NO.
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. N/A
    13. Starting Chips: 15,000
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. N/A
    15. Blind levels......

Leve|Duration|SB|BB
    1|40 minutes|25|50
    2|40 minutes|50|100
    3|40 minutes|75|150
    Break
    4|40 minutes|100|200
    5|40 minutes|150|300
    6|40 minutes|200|400
    Break
    7|40 minutes|300|600
    8|40 minutes|400|800
    9|40 minutes|500|1000
    Break
    10|40 minutes|600|1200
    11|40 minutes|800|1500
    12|40 minutes|1000|2000
    Break
    13|40 minutes|1200|2400
    14|40 minutes|1500|3000
    15|40 minutes|2000|4000
    Break
    16|40 minutes|3000|6000
    17|40 minutes|4000|8000
    18|40 minutes|5000|10000
    19|40 minutes|6000|12000

16. Blind timeframes: 40 minutes all the way

17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc): 1 Vegas mini package for every €4800 in prize pool - 1 package for every 15 players.

18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill: Dealers on all tables.

19. Will there be a documented list of rules: Yes

20. Is there a tournament director: Yes

21. How are disputes handled - who has final say: Tournament director has final say on all matters

22. Accommodation Details: For anyone thats interested in accommodation, pm me and i'll give you details.

There will be hot food provided for the dinner break and some light refreshments served later on in the night.
    • The winner(s) of the package must be available to fly to Vegas between the dates 25th June - 29th June. Exact dates can be arranged to suit the individual.
    • Like last years event, there will be a no cash alternative instead of the package. If we get less than 15 players, then it will play as a normal €350 freezeout.
    • So basically if your not interested in going to Vegas(during the above time frames) for 10 nights with €3000 spending money then this tournament won't suit you.
    More info: 0868633592 Carlo

Feeder satellites

• Starting his Tuesday(12th May) and every Tuesday until 16th June, I will be running feeders into this. These will be Free entry for a 3k stack, and rebuys at €20 for 45 minutes.
    Charter:

1. Who is running the event: Four of a kind poker

2. The purpose of the event: Commercial

3. Date and Location of event: Every Tuesday night for six weeks, starting Tuesday 12th May.

4. Registration and Start time of event. Starts 9:30pm sharp.

5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc): Nope

6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) N/A

7. Type of Tournament: No Limit Hold'em

8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. Free Entry

9. Cost of registration: €5 per person will be witheld from prize pool for registration.

10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund: 1 ticket to main event will be given out for every €350 in prize pool. No cash alternative.

10a. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments, if so, how much: As above

11. Any guarenteed prize pool. Nope

12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. Unlimited rebuys for first three levels.

13. Starting Chips: 3,000

14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. Rebuys: 5000 (€20), Top up: 6500 (€20)

15. Blind levels: 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 200/400, 300/600, 400/800, 500/1000, 1000/2000, 2000/4000, 3000/6000.

16. Blind timeframes: 15 minutes all the way.

17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc): 1 ticket for every €350 in prizepool.

18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill: Dealer at final table.

19. Will there be a documented list of rules: Yes

20. Is there a tournament director: Yes, me

21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. TD has final say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Looks like a great structure though it would want to start @ 2.00pm sharp but ya great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

Looks great to me B.O.L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭cardrooms

Carlo, I have that info updated to the website. I wish you all the best with the tournament. I'll be in Vegas on the 21st June so definately won't be able to make it.

Anthony
    Cardrooms.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

cardrooms wrote: »
    Carlo, I have that info updated to the website. I wish you all the best with the tournament. I'll be in Vegas on the 21st June so definately won't be able to make it.

Anthony
    Cardrooms.ie

Nice one Anthony, thanks very much. I'd love to be heading over to Vegas again this year but unfortunately it's not to be :(!

Cheers man.

Feeder satellites starting tomorrow for this. Free entry for a 3k stack, €20 rebuys for first three levels (5k) and a top up for €20 (6.5k)
    Blinds 15 mins and dealer at final table.

• Advertisement

bump

Feeder satellites starting tomorrow for this. Free entry for a 3k stack, €20 rebuys for first three levels (5k) and a top up for €20 (6.5k)
    Blinds 15 mins and dealer at final table.

Any more of these, and how did this one go

Any more of these, and how did this one go

Yeah every Tuesday Patrick...Free entry for a 3k stack. €20 rebuys for a 5k stack, and a top up for €20 (6.5k). Rebuys last 45 mins. 15 min blinds.

Got 16 players and 2 tickets out so happy enough.

Yeah every Tuesday Patrick...Free entry for a 3k stack. €20 rebuys for a 5k stack, and a top up for €20 (6.5k). Rebuys last 45 mins. 15 min blinds.

Got 16 players and 2 tickets out so happy enough.

Very good, now i could be missing someting, but can you tell me venue??????
    TNX Carlo

Very good, now i could be missing someting, but can you tell me venue??????
    TNX Carlo

Sorry....thanks for pointing that one out. Its in the Moylurg Inn, Boyle. Same venue as the actually main event. How do I edit the OP do you know?

cheers patrick.

• Advertisement

Half way to guaranteeing a package for this event, with four weeks left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mr. Wolf

Looks great Carlo, I'm gonna try and sat into this next Tuesday. I'll be bringing a few Cavan pro's with me... You've been warned!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Mr. Wolf wrote: »
    Looks great Carlo, I'm gonna try and sat into this next Tuesday. I'll be bringing a few Cavan pro's with me... You've been warned!!!

I live in longford. lol

Mr. Wolf wrote: »

lol....Don't worry there's a few boyos down here that will make you want to give up playing :)

Got posters today Carlo, thanks
    will send you PM soon
    Regards Paddy @ Winstons Poker

Got posters today Carlo, thanks
    will send you PM soon

Cheers Paddy. Chat soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lady mavrick xx

hi

i was wondering if u have dealers for your big game coming up theres about 5-6 of us who would defently go and 3 who would be reserves if you really needed them.. we will travel all over ireland, dont hesitate to get in contact.. :D my name is natasha.

hi

i was wondering if u have dealers for your big game coming up theres about 5-6 of us who would defently go and 3 who would be reserves if you really needed them.. we will travel all over ireland, dont hesitate to get in contact.. :D my name is natasha.

pm sent Natasha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mr. Wolf

I got the posters yesterday Carlo, should be able to round up a few for this one... See you Tuesday

bumb

• Advertisement

bump!

is the super sat still on Tuesday?

big_iain wrote: »
    is the super sat still on Tuesday?

It is Ian. Last one is this Tuesday at 9:30pm. Extra early bird by 9:15.

Have 7 tickets given out so far so should get another 2 this week. A few people won two tickets unfortunately so they were given the cash second time around..otherwise I would have 10 tickets guaranteed.

Anyways its looking good for 1 package...if everyone comes that said to hold them a seat I'll get 17-20 players which is grand.

Regards

how many are you expecting tonight?

how many are you expecting tonight?

Same as every week so far...20. Should get two tickets out of it if the rebuys are the usuall crazyness!:rolleyes:

Same as every week so far...20. Should get two tickets out of it if the rebuys are the usuall crazyness!:rolleyes:

your not selling it well........

where is it in boyle say from the n4 from longford? and are there dealers?

your not selling it well........

where is it in boyle say from the n4 from longford? and are there dealers?

As in the original post...dealer at final table for the free entry tournament. The location is the moylurg Inn, which is opposite the town clock..can't be missed.

I can only give you an estimate of how many players will be playing tonight Ian. There's been 2 tickets given out every week bar one, but due to the same people winning a second ticket they get the cash option the second time around. So I've got 7 of my weekly players qualified through the free entry game and everyone loves the structure...no complaints so far.

count me in.

be there about 8.45pm

count me in.

be there about 8.45pm

Sound. I'll be there anyways. Chat you later.

• Advertisement

count me in.

be there about 8.45pm

Nice to get a ticket iain! Well done. I'll drop you an email tomorrow.

Regards,
    Carlo

Thanks Carlo,

good little tourney. a bit crazy in places.

good value, free entry chips and early bird, then i had one €20 rebuy and 1 top up. €20.

Not bad return for €40

Looking forward to Sunday now.

bump

final bump!

final bump!

Good Luck with this today Carlo ;):D:D:D

Good Luck with this today Carlo ;):D:D:D

Cheers Paddy. All I would like is 15 so that the package goes ahead, but its touch and go tbh. Big buy in tourney's around this location don't suit many players.

chat you later.

Regards,
    Carlo

• Advertisement
Advertisement