Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are all you guys and gals fixed for the Leaving Cert

Options
  • 10-05-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Did mine 9 years ago now. God. wipes cobwebs off face. lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

****tin it....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Not good considering I've done **** all study so far! :S Planning to cram the next 4 weeks!

I hope to get this but I know I'll **** up as always!:
    Irish(O): B1
    Maths(O): A2
    English(H): C3
    French(H): C1
    Music(H): B3
    History(H): C1
    Geography(H): B3

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I've kept pretty calm all year but havta admit that I'm getting a bit anxious now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I've kept pretty calm all year but havta admit that I'm getting a bit anxious now!

Same, a load of teachers absolutely killed me in junior cert for being too cool, calm and collected about the whole thing back then! How things have changed....getting fairly nervous now tho...:eek:

Wednesday 3 weeks....AHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'm feeling pretty confident for the most part. But I'm pretty worried about English and Maths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I've never freaked out more in my life than I have done 2day.:eek: I've only started studying for history and maths and Irish! Haven't even started french. Business, english and biology pretty much sorted tho! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

If one more person asks me "How're you fixed", "How's the study going" or some alternation of that, I will punch them in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

****ed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

bythewoods wrote: »
    If one more person asks me "How're you fixed", "How's the study going" or some alternation of that, I will punch them in the face.

sorry. jesus, i didnt mean to cause any offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

tolteq wrote: »

Ah don't worry.

I think I'll be fine but want to do a good bit over the next 3 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

tolteq wrote: »

Aha, no, no, not at all.

I'm just so sick of everyone asking CONSTANTLY about the stupid Leaving cert and how I'm fixed.
    Gahhhh ><

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

Erm, I'd like to lie and say I'm completely confident - but I'm not really. Well, heres what I have done:

Maths (H) = Fully done, just doing a full exam paper each Sunday now. Hopefully I should get a B1 / A2 in it.

English (H) = Most of that's done, Macbeth is fine, as is comparative, haven't looked at poetry yet though. I've been told I should get an A1 here, although with the amount of study in it so far - I don't know.

Irish (O) = Not doing anything for this until the night before, no need to.

Chemistry (H) = Fully done, just need to do some exam questions now. Hoping for an A2/A1.

Business (H) = Half done, feeling okay about this now - should be finished looking over it by next weekend, hopefully sooner. A B2+ would be nice in this.

History (H) = This should be fine, only looked over documents as of yet - but confident with this one. B1/A2 hopefully for this one.

German (H) = Don't know exactly how to study for this, I keep putting it off for some reason - hopefully I'll figure out a method. Don't know what to expect for this, my oral went good though so at least im guaranteed something.

Well, I wrote more than I should have there - I think ti was more a checklist to see what I had done (not as bad as I thought :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

bythewoods wrote: »

haha, yeah such a typical convo opener from people you don't regularly meet

"So hows study going?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Jam-Fly wrote: »
    haha, yeah such a typical convo opener from people you don't regularly meet

"So hows study going?!"

I was actually talking bout that with someone today, i was working all day and i've never been asked so many times, "hows the study going, bla bla bla", which soon became, "o my darling john/marie/whoever is at home studying right now. O they do a million hours a day"...which then became.."and why aren't you studying and the day thats in it"...:confused::confused:

Cos sunshine always makes studying better :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Im not panicing or anything. I never do about exams for some reason.

My main concern although would be English (H). Ive been getting C3's consistently, which I dont see as too bad mind you, but I feel like its all fallen out of my head.

Next would be Business (H), such a tough paper, writing the entire time. We did 2 mocks in school and I finished neither of them, but did go from 53% to 65%.

Geography (H). It seems like a bit of a pot luck to me. If the examiner is good, theyll find 15 SRP's, if not well, thats just unfortunate. I think it also boils down to your mood on the day. If your not completely focussed on the day, you wont be able to write all the long answers.

Biology(H), I wanna do well in and have been studying quite a lot of, much to the detrement of my other subjects.

Irish (H) would have been my weakest subject had I not put in 2 months solid effort on it since the mocks. Hoping to go from scraping a C to a B.

Spanish (H), I think is a handy enough language and paper. Im gona learn off a ****load of essay phrases and throw em in everywhere. Also gona be chattin to all the friends I made on the exchange in TY. Those bunch of Basquards!

Maths (O) is fine. I just have to slow down and take the 22 mins for each question. I have an awful habit of speeding and making little mistakes that cost me an A. Got 82% in the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was at a party last night in which many of the people were in 6th year, I didn't know many people so when I was talking to strangers it was mainly "how's study going?". It's quite the little icebreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

"As nervous as a priest in a playground..."

:D

I don't do irish or french this year (did them last year) so I have one exam a day apart from Thurs 11th (Bio & Art) Two subjects I would love B1s/A2s in >_<

Overall, terrified I'll do worse than last year. Yes, it is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Ill give this a go...

English - I'm feeling very confident about english, just have to keep going over my essays and I sould be fine... expecting at least a B1

German - Its my worst subject, but I'm sure I got an A in the oral, I need to learn lots of verbs and then some phrases... I should get a B3

Biology - No problems here...

Chemistry - Few things to tidy up but I should be fine.

DCG - Just trying to do as many questions as possible.

Ag. Science - Fine again...

I'm dong pass maths and irish.

Also I have a ridiculous amount of time between all my honors papers. I love the time table.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pppppppffffffffff what it over and done with asap, feel it's just dragging in now, with hopefully 350 points come August.

Advertisement