Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eluveitie - Pagan Folk Metal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I came across them recently too. I can't say they're my fav folk metal band, but they are quite good. I got the album Slania, in my opinion Inis Mona is probably the best song on it. Tegernako sounds really good, I must admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Vocalist and hurdy-gurdyist Anna Murphy's daddy hails from Dublin too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

They are an excellent band. I usually have trouble understanding the lyrics from metal bands but for these guys I have a good excuse. They mostly sing in Gaulish!

This is my favourite song by Eluveite (Slania's Song):

If you can, get a hold of their album Live at Metalcamp. For a live album, the sound quality is excellent and the live setting adds a new dimension to the songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah, great band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Alan "Nemtheanga" Averill of Primordial talks ("Sacrapos") and sings ("Nata") on the new very folky Eluveitie album, Evocation I-the Arcane Dominion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah good aul band. Saw them at Graspop in 07 & at Bloodstock last year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

They're not bad, but there are better folk metal bands around.

Advertisement