Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toon V Smoggies Match Thread 10th May 2009. Kick Off - 8pm

• 10-05-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Another vital match for us tomorrow. Have simply got to beat Boro tomorrow.

I think we can do it. We have to do it. Results went our way over the weekend so it's up to us to do the job.

Shearer's first win is imminent I feel.

HOWAY THE LADS!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

If ever there was a 6 pointer this is it. I can just see both sides being so nervous that they'll inevitably cancel each other out, which is of course is the worst outcome for both.
    Newcastle would look to have the upper hand when it comes to sourcing goals but the industrious Tuncay will be suited by this sort of a battle. To conclude I'm sitting on the fence, 1 all draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pogatetz is out for Boro according to www.nufc.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If Newky win then they go ahead of Hull on goal difference, don't they?

Dunno if it's the case with Boro though

Fight to the death here ! Should be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll be the worst game of the season if there isn't an early breakthrough. The tension will be unbearable I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I'm looking forward to this, should be a cracking match!

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    If Newky win then they go ahead of Hull on goal difference, don't they?

Dunno if it's the case with Boro though

Fight to the death here ! Should be good

Yep. If we win we'll go above Hull. It's not the case with Boro. If they beat us tomorrow and Hull slip up next weekend, Boro will have to win again to overtake us. I haven't looked at it in depth but I think that's the case.

That hopefully won't be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if theres a footballing god, this will be a draw

Helix wrote: »
    if theres a footballing god, this will be a draw

Blasphemy. Win for the Toon. Viduka against his old club. It's written!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

A performance and fight is all I want to see tomorrow.

I have long been resigned to the prospect of relegation, and in many ways, I have grown indifferent to whether we stay up or not, as I feel such contempt for so many of the parasites that call themselves Newcastle United 'players', so if we don't get the result we need, I won't be heartbroken.

I will be gutted though if I see us bow out of this league with a whimper.

I reckon Viduka will be well up for this one tomorrow. I'd love to see him grab the winner for us tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I have a feeling that Boro will wake up and win this and kick on to stay up. Southgate deserves to go down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

We're as good as down but the only thing that would make this season worthwhile is if we dragged you fcukers down with us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

CHD wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Boro will wake up and win this and kick on to stay up. Southgate deserves to go down though.

ironically, i think the only way he'll keep his job is if he gets relegated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A draw would be such a carcrash result - and is so likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Boro have to win the last 3 games to stay up. 3 games ago I was sure we were relagated but now for some unknown reason I am strangely optimistic. Tonight is the big one IF we can beat Newcastle we have Villa nxt week who are safe in the top 6 but going nowhere else, who I think we can beat at home and hopefully West Ham will have slipped up against Everton and Fulham beaten Newcastle for good measure:D nxt weekend. Leaving us to beat the hammers on the last day to stay in the prem:cool: I really shouldn't be this optimistic on a monday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like Newcastle as I have some friends who support them, but that club almost deserves relegation for the way it has been run.

Hull, Newcastle and Middlesbrough to go down.

West Brom will beat a dejected Liverpool and a safe Blackburn to stay up.

I reckon it will be a draw. No more than 1-1 and probably 0-0. Should be a good match to watch though.

What channel is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

I would love it...............LOVE IT, if The Skunks f*cked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

It's very hard to predict this one.

Either it'll be a nervous affair which results in a low scoring draw, or it'll be a mad "why couldn't they play like this all season" game.

If I had to put money on it... more than 6 goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

LOL at how Shearer says it's the biggest game ever in his career while Southgate calls it just another North East darby. The lads a complete tosser. Also says that we probably can't afford to play in the Prem next season. Does he not realise that it's a hell of a lot more better financially than to be playing in the Championship????

I hope we win tonight. I love the club but hate the manager and the football we play. I just know if we go down we won't be back up anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Martins out for tonight :(

I know how bad we are, and we probably deserve relegation, but we really don't have much luck, do we?

Suppose we gotta start making our own. Here's hoping for a jammy 1-0 tonight from a deflected free kick that should never have been given. HOWAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I want both of these teams to go down so a draw please bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

c'mon boro!!! newcastle dont deserve a spot in the PL, while Boro are a well run club imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,135 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the current bottom 5 all deserve to go down - they've shown no fight whatsoever (and Newcastle deserve it for a host of other reasons)

Can't see Hull getting any more points, so a win for Newcastle should be enough, any other result and its the current bottom 3 going down down deeper and down...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I hope both teams go down. A nil, nil draw would be a nice result.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

kinaldo wrote: »

I know how bad we are, and we probably deserve relegation, but we really don't have much luck, do we?

Suppose we gotta start making our own. Here's hoping for a jammy 1-0 tonight from a deflected free kick that should never have been given. HOWAY!

heh .. thats exactly what im hoping for :D and hope is all we got now ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

kinaldo wrote: »

Last we'll see of him i reckon, stay up or go down. The disappearing act has become a big part of his game recently.... To be fair it could be the niggling groin injury but me thinks a pain in the bollix may be closer to the truth :p

Steven Taylor looks set to be fit again for us while Alan Smith is out according to http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1652372,00.html

I'm really looking forward to this match. I've never really been optimistic recently about any match we play but I feel we can do it tonight.

HOWAY!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Not sure why and God knows I've no reason to feel it but I feel a 2 or 3-0 romp for us tonight lads!! C'mon the TOON!!!

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Not sure why and God knows I've no reason to feel it but I feel a 2 or 3-0 romp for us tonights lads!! C'mon the TOON!!!

If you're right I'm getting drunk tonight. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

That_Guy wrote: »
    If you're right I'm getting drunk tonight. :)

That makes 2 of us brother!:D. I read earlier that Oba could be out, any news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

A huge huge game tonight,

Honestly i believe this is the one that will decide who stays up, I've said it before in another thread that i think the winner of this game will stay up,
    If it finishes a draw, it will all remain as it is regards the bottom 3.

I don't see Hull winning any more points this season, away to Bolton or Home against Man Utd,

If Newcastle win at all tonight, they will move ahead of Hull on goal difference, Boro need a 2 goal margin to go dead level with Hull, 3 or more to be sure to move ahead of them,

As it stands Currently:

league.jpg

As i see the remaining results:

Hull:
    Bolton (a) L
    Man Utd (h) L

Newcastle:
    Fulham (h) L
    Villa (a) L

Boro:
    Villa (h) L
    WestHam (a) L

So i can't see any of these teams winning a game after tonight.

Lets hope the match delivers, and that it doesn't end up a draw, it has all the pre match potential to be a thriller.

Best of luck to fans of those involved, i'll be hoping for a Newcastle win, for Mr. Shearer alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Alves starting for boro not scored in 11 tuncay much more dangerous so can't see boro scoring

Anyone found any good quality streams?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone found any good quality streams?

try find one that suits you here

http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    That makes 2 of us brother!:D. I read earlier that Oba could be out, any news?

NUFC: Steve Harper, Habib Beye, Damien Duff, Steven Taylor, Sebastien Bassong, Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Danny Guthrie, Michael Owen (c), Mark Viduka
    Subs: Oba Martins, Fabricio Coloccini, Ryan Taylor, Peter Lovenkrands, Kazenga LuaLua, Andy Carroll, Tim Krul

MFC: Brad Jones, Justin Hoyte, Andrew Taylor, Gary O'Neil, Marvin Emnes, Afonso Alves, Robert Huth, Mohamed Shawky, Tuncay Sanli, Stewart Downing, Matthew Bates
    Subs: Ross Turnbull, Jeremie Aliadiere, Marlon King, Julio Arca, Adam Johnson, Tony McMahon, Jonathan Grounds

He's on the bench so he mustn't be.

Cheers for that.

Starting line ups:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Habib Beye, Damien Duff, Steven Taylor, Sebastien Bassong, Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Danny Guthrie, Michael Owen (c), Mark Viduka
    Subs: Oba Martins, Fabricio Coloccini, Ryan Taylor, Peter Lovenkrands, Kazenga LuaLua, Andy Carroll, Tim Krul

MFC: Brad Jones, Justin Hoyte, Andrew Taylor, Gary O'Neil, Marvin Emnes, Afonso Alves, Robert Huth, Mohamed Shawky, Tuncay Sanli, Stewart Downing, Matthew Bates
    Subs: Ross Turnbull, Jeremie Aliadiere, Marlon King, Julio Arca, Adam Johnson, Tony McMahon, Jonathan Grounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's on stetanta Ireland just in case people dont know.

It's on stetanta Ireland just in case people dont know.

Some of us are privileged to not have that luxury.

And yes I didn't mistype that. :)

Ok maybe that last sentence I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Right, life savings on Boro. Newcastle have provided the fans with flags.

• Advertisement

God I can only find a foreign stream. Grr. Stupid Eircom. I get the audio but not the video from their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

cursed

Goal for Boro,

looked like a good turn, then a bit of luck

Tuncay

Beye couldnt do anything about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Down you go, Newcastle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Oh dear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

God, with luck like that Newcastle seemed doomed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SUPER SALIY TUNCAY!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

thats just cruel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Please let that be an OG, in the bookies earlier and had Tuncay to score first Newcastle to win 2-1 written out.

Streams. Anyone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement