Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flatmate and her bed....

Options
  • 10-05-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi ladies...not sure if this belongs here, mods please feel free to move if it doesn't....

my flatmate has a very active sex life which is great for her, however when her and bf are expressing their desire for each other, her bed bounces off the wall something unreal....I can here the whole thing from start to finish every time..it's actually kind of embarrassing...how can I broach the subject without offending anyone if that's possible ???? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ask her to move her bed!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,918 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sneak into her room during the day and move the bed about an inch away from the wall, should do the trick and she'll probably never notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Toots85 wrote: »
    Sneak into her room during the day and move the bed about an inch away from the wall, should do the trick and she'll probably never notice.

that wont work because the bed will make its way to the wall again

Op theres a number of technicks is it the bed or her or booth....

*supress afterhours sence of humor...*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

She can move the bed to the other wall, preferably a wall that doesn't separate from another roommate.

Just ask, she won't mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

snow-monkey : just the bed...

mike-mac: there is no way I would go up to someone and say hey I can hear ye hard at it by the way the headboard is moving...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

what type of bed is it :D....

if its one you can take apart...?.

Loosen a few key bolts and nuts......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

snow-monkey : just the bed...

mike-mac: there is no way I would go up to someone and say hey I can hear ye hard at it by the way the headboard is moving...:D
    then it looks like you're going to have to buy ear plugs !

OP just ask her in the nicest possilbe way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Applaud the two of them after each performance and give them marks out of ten, they'll get the message :D
    You can shout this from your room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Play dumb and keep complaining of some unusual noise that's driving you mad, think creaking radiators or the like. If you keep saying it she'll figure it out and try to rectify it. Would be a lot easier to casually mention it though!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,918 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Toots85 wrote: »
    that wont work because the bed will make its way to the wall again

Op theres a number of technicks is it the bed or her or booth....

*supress afterhours sence of humor...*

Ah fudge, I forgot the most important part of this plan! In the inch or so of space between the bottom of her bed (bit that's on the floor) and the wall, wedge something like a piece of wood or a door stop. That'll stop the bed sliding back across while they're doing the no pants dance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mikemac wrote: »
    Applaud the two of them after each performance and give them marks out of ten, they'll get the message :D

Love this one, This has to work. dont forget the Wooo Hooo just before hand.:D Its a shame you can only rate threads ah heck ****** theres 6 stars

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shinbob

Absolutely excellent idea, laughed my head off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dont forget to shout. "jaysus that was quick"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickeymoney

How loud are they? covertly record and then attach a sample sound file to this post?

A pillow or some foam behind the head board can do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

perhaps put a pair ks behind the headboard while she is out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think the most effective and discreet method is to "bang" back, so to speak. Hammer on your wall every time you hear banging coming from her room and she might get the message. I have used this technique effectively in the past and it gets round having to actually say something :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

or a simple yet effective 'I sound like I'm joking but I'm really serious' message sometimes does the job... "jaysis, you must have had fun last night from the amount of noise coming from yer room *nudgenudge*"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Did somethin like this before and it worked perfectly.
    Just shouted "Ah for fu*k sake, you can do better then that" when they were finished. Cue silence for the rest of the night, red faces in the morning and a room rearrangement even though I didnt live there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Ye may as well just say it to her, I can't see why she'd find it embarassing, it's not like she thinks ye don't know what they get up to anyway.
    Just ask her to move the bed away from the wall and say it like ye think nothing of it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

colly10 wrote: »
    Ye may as well just say it to her, I can't see why she'd find it embarassing, it's not like she thinks ye don't know what they get up to anyway.
    Just ask her to move the bed away from the wall and say it like ye think nothing of it

Yeah, how is she not acutely aware of the noise she is making? She probably is. Maybe she is hoping you will ask her about her fabulous sex life :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ellebelle

Oh for gods sake grown a pair and just ask her to move her bed. Seriously most of us that have house shared have had to deal with this as some stage. Sex is noisy and I am sure she won't mind one bit BUT only if you approach this the right way. A tongue in cheek approach is probably the right way.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

OP, just play It's Not Fair by Lily Allen really loudly. It'll defo put them off. (I'm serious, some embarrassing loud music does the trick.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Mate of mine had the same problem, but with a guy living in the house.

He started bangin on his door when he'd be at it screaming 'Stop stop your killing her!' ... Try that!

Failing that - Join in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

I think you should just come straight out and say that the noise bothers you. It's not like they don't know you can hear them anyway!! They probably just don't realise how much it annoys you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Sticking a pillow between her headboard and the wall is probably the best idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 siobhanc

when I was in college it was discovered that one of my housemates had a load of socks sellotaped to her headboard...she maintained it was because her boyfriend was tall and everytime he moved around in bed it banged the headboard off the wall....she expected us to believe her :P...we could still hear them down in the kitchen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

How loud are they? covertly record and then attach a sample sound file to this post?

A pillow or some foam behind the head board can do the job.

Pillows work every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I find the best thing to do is a good Braveheart impression. Wait until the cadence indicates they are nearing the climax and then start shouting "HOLD!!!!!!" in your best "Mel Gibson being Scottish" voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

this happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago (she was a noisy flatmate)

She was living with this couple who apparantly had sex once every two weeks on a wednesday night- regular as clockwork!

They left her a note advising that they could hear every moan and creek and would appreciate more consideration! She was mortified but it was probably a good enough way of doing it- without the horrible face to face element! They were probably only jealous tho cos it put the spotlight on their less than enthusiastic sex life!

I used to hear my ex flatmate all the time- very noisy- but we were friends so we were able to have a joke about it.

almost choked laughing at the scoring suggestion! priceless!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MarthaT

I would simply discuss it with her, maybe she could move her bed

ipod.gif

Advertisement