Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbour to moor boat in Waterford?

• 10-05-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Hi there, bit of a long shot but could anyone please point me in the right direction to find out info on mooring a boat in Waterford?

I know the Marina in the city is an excellent facility but it takes too long to get from there out to the sea.

Could anyone let me know who I could contact about getting moorings say in Dunmore East or a harbour on the far side of the Estuary (closer to Kilkenny?)

I'm not from the area so not too sure if its fishing clubs that I should be contacting.

Cheers

C :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

You might have more luck posting this in the Waterford County forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks, will do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Check powerboat.ie for a quicker response. I have my boat in the Waterford Marina. Great facilities.. But if you are mostly based out at sea, then around Dunmore would be a better option. Ask the lads over on powerboat and they'll sort you out.

Kind of boat is it btw?

Thanks very much dlofnep thats really helpful I'm going to give that site a try right away :)
    We've a wee Quicksilver 560, it is a fantastic facility down there, the close parking is v handy too. Just a pity it takes so long to get to the sea :rolleyes: though its a gorgeous scenic spin out :)

Quicksilver 560 is a beautiful little boat. Lucky sod!

I've an old Shetland 535. Gets me from A to B.

And yeah, it's a lovely trip from the Marina out to Dunmore. Especially once you get past Cheek Point.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    Quicksilver 560 is a beautiful little boat. Lucky sod!

I've an old Shetland 535. Gets me from A to B.

And yeah, it's a lovely trip from the Marina out to Dunmore. Especially once you get past Cheek Point.

The Shetlands are a great boat, we had a fairly old Shetland Suntrip before the Quicksilver & they're a great boat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

have you been in touch with the port of Waterford Authority or the Harbour Master in Dunmore I'm sure either of these would be able to point you in the right direction

The Shetlands are a great boat, we had a fairly old Shetland Suntrip before the Quicksilver & they're a great boat :)

Ah yeah :) I like her anyway. Won't be able to get anything better until I finish college.

Advertisement