Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Complaint

Options
  • 10-05-2009 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Er..don't like to bitch and moan but I just got two infractions here

OP asks is going on sunbeds normal for fellas?

I say no. Certainly not.

Mod says OP wasn't asking about that

I say he was, quite clearly asking.

Random fella asks why it's not normal and I answered him too.

2 infractions given, 1 for telling the mod that I was only answering the guys question. The 2nd for explaining why I figured going on sunbeds not to be normal.

Check the thread. Is this what passes for fairness? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Having read the thread twice, it simply looks to me like you're taking the opportunity to question the sexual preferences of the OP, using a South Park episode as a basis for your post, getting told not to and then just doing it again.

No added value on actually answering what the OP wanted to know - and trying to base your stance on a question mark in the OP's post is weak.

Being technical about it, if you felt aggrieved by the original mod instruction, your recourse would have been to come here and complain, not continue to follow the same line on the thread. As a side-note from that, the mod instruction was entirely reasonable. Continuing on your original path (twice) after being quite reasonably instructed not to was just acting the troublemaker. There are reasonable penalties for that and one was quite reasonably and justifiably handed down.

What you really want to know is whether this was a fair action by the mod. Yes it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

I wasn't at all questioning the sexual preferences of the OP. I was bemoaning the creeping metrosexual tendancy that is blighting western manhood. That's what the south park episode is all about.

Question marks denote questions. Trying to suggest otherwise is what comes across as rather weak and lame.

I didn't feel at all aggreived as you suggest, merely I thought the mod had failed to read what the OP was asking properly and so I pointed it out to her. A mod instructing people not to answer a question that the OP had concerns about is hardly reasonable is it? Or do you think otherwise?

Aggrieved or not, you decided to discuss a mod action on-thread when the correct course of action is to either do it by PM or here in the Help Desk. That's specifically what the first of your infractions was for (I went and checked), with your second you just decided to keep going regardless.

Bottom line, it was a fair call. That's my second time saying that and that's my call on it.

If you went and checked then you'll have seen that the two infractions were issued at the same time. That kind of makes a nonsense any claim that I carried on regardless doesn't it?

No. Two infractions, they expire in ten days.

• Advertisement

sceptre wrote: »
    No.

:D rofl..such logical prowess.

Advertisement