Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

existence?

Options
  • 10-05-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

What is the universe sitting in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The universe is all there is, thats why its called the universe.

On the other hand it may exist in a multiverse. What does the multiverse sit in?

Hmmm,

I don't expect the answer to abide by human logic. But it is interesting to visualize what the outside the universe might look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It's Blue.......or so i was told by a drunk one night. actually made me think for a long time about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

= 42

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

tolteq wrote: »
    What is the universe sitting in?

A beanbag in God's front room

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I think the matrix got this sorta right...

Everything we see and perceive are just mere electrical impulses in our brain for all we know there could be nothing around us and this whole universe could just be a creation of our mind!

But what i believe is that, well pretty hard to explain what i believe in but the universe is the sum total of all the energy that exists. Energy takes up different forms through different dimensions. The dimensions we can perceive are the dimensions of matter, radiation and time (and there are other dimensions of energy too that we cannot perceive, like dark matter and energy or maybe even angels and demons!). All nothing but mere forms of energy interacting in a different way with the conscious that we are. The shapes and colors we see are the energies interacting with our conscious. And we probably just move from one state of consciousness to another throughout our existence, growing up to a higher level with every stage. Our consciousness begins before we're born. Its a very low level of consciousness with very little interaction with the energies of the universe. Then we move into the next level of consciousness when we're born. We can interact a lot more with the energies around us within the dimension of matter, radiation and time. Then we die and we move to a higher level of consciousness. One within more dimensions and maybe where we can perceive "heaven and hell"?.

For all we know this universe could be contained in our mind. And we are contained in an energy that interacts within set laws. Laws that cannot be broken. Laws that are rigid like the space around us. Hence although we could just be imaginations of ourselves, this is how we're supposed to imagine ourselves. We don't have a free will over that. Our conscious can't break the laws that govern how we interact with the energies around us. And so this is how the world has been prepared for us. This is why we see the sky as blue and the grass as green. Why water flows and rocks hold steady. And no matter how hard we try we cannot change that. We aren't supposed to.
    It is like someone has painted a pretty picture for us of what is merely a shapeless, colorless energy. The picture we see as shades and images of this world and the universe. And it all works like clockwork. Never fails.

Could there be a painting without a painter? A watch without a watchmaker?
    I'm gonna leave that one for you to ask to yourself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement