Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Slip Query

Options
  • 11-05-2009 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I went into a bookies on saturday looking to put a tenner on Gerrard to get the first goal for Liverpool. Glancing at the odds screen, I saw a horse one of the boys was on about having a good chance earlier in the day.

I filled out the docket and put down the horse bet first then listed Gerrard underneath it. Both of the bets came in but when I looked at the docket only 10 euros had been taken. I handed in fifty but I didn't check my change so what happens in this scenario.

There should have been two 10 euro single bets. Whick winner will I get paid out on? Will I get paid out on two winners? Don't have a double down anywhere so I assume it would be the cashier's error. Any thoughts and opinions are welcomed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

I assume you have €10 next to each selection? If so you will be paid out €5 on each. You will not be paid the full amount because it is your error as much as the cashiers. It's a common mistake made by cashiers and in future you should check the bottom of your slip before you leave the shop.

Unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

RodVelvet wrote: »
    I went into a bookies on saturday looking to put a tenner on Gerrard to get the first goal for Liverpool. Glancing at the odds screen, I saw a horse one of the boys was on about having a good chance earlier in the day.

I filled out the docket and put down the horse bet first then listed Gerrard underneath it. Both of the bets came in but when I looked at the docket only 10 euros had been taken. I handed in fifty but I didn't check my change so what happens in this scenario.

There should have been two 10 euro single bets. Whick winner will I get paid out on? Will I get paid out on two winners? Don't have a double down anywhere so I assume it would be the cashier's error. Any thoughts and opinions are welcomed.

your bet is settled as 10 euro double its not up to the cashier to know whether you meant to put two single 10 euro bets on your docket. the cashier would of put your bet through as a double unless you wrote singles on it and if you did then as said above it will be settles as 5 euro singles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

what happened ? :confused:

Advertisement