Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am polish and am currenly on social welfare, shall i go home

• 11-05-2009 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi my name is Ma Long and although my surname sounds asian, i am a ctually a Polish national. I came over to work in Ireland in 2005 and was employed in the booming construction sector. Since i qualified as a builder in Poland i was paid a very high price for my skills as a qualified builder. My going rate was 15 euro and an hour and was paid time and a half for shift work that was later than 9pm. During these boom times, i worked extremely hard (60-70 hrs ) a week and made a small fortune in Ireland. I was planning on returning home to start up my own building and contracting company called 'POLSKA Builders' but the economy in Poland has deteriorated rapidly.

This is not an option anymore for me, as the polsih economy has deterioted rapidly, like irealnd the polish economic growht was strongly linked to the construction boom. Unfortunatley i was mad reduant on only last Decmebr and am currently on social welf fare beneift.

I have a kid here and am married toa nice polish girl, i think that i want to stay in irealnd as the social welfare is so good. I am curretly getting 203 a week and my wife is the same, there is child benefit and we get money towwards the house. The social welfare received in Ireland is a muliple of the amount received in poland, as a result i plan to stay here,Hopefully after 2-3 years on the social welfare i can save up enough money to buy a number of properties in Krackow my home city.

irish people ahve told me that i should 'fxck off back to poland' and stop defrauding the state by claiming welfare, given the current circumstance outlined above , would you think this is the case DJDC!

Ive worked hard and i like ireland, with its similar climate to poland and its generous social welfare and its fringe benefits.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

258trollspray.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

way things are going ,you may have no choice but to go home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Stop making terrible posts first. Then well discuss your other problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

yes go back to poland and stop takin our money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Alas yes, although we where rather tolerent during the Celtic Tiger years. Irish people are running out of patience at the increasing number of seemingly parasities on social welfare. My advice would be to go back to your own country before the amout of social welfare given drops [which it will]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Troll alert - I bet you're not Polish. You misspelled Kraków. You know, your home city.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Another one of those wonderful threads that illustrates just how few people read the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement