Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing Repeats

Options
  • 11-05-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi, i know i've failed a repeat exam and as its a core module i'll have to redo the module next semester. Im just wondering does anyone know what happens if theres a timetable clash with next years modules? Do i have to put them off till the following year. Apart from this im sure i've got 55 credits.
    Any help or information greatly appreciated from someone in similar circumstances before. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

From what I know if there's a timetable clash you'll just have to miss the lectures, but will have to attend/do any midterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

If it's a core module, then any repeat will take precedence over a new module.

I wouldn't risk not going to lectures. I mean seriously, if you failed the first time and then failed the repeat, surely you need to attend class to learn enough to pass the third time around? And besides, the content of the module might have changed (ie different lecturer, content upgraded etc).

Also, I'm not sure that you are automatically enrolled in the repeat module, so you might have to check with the Programme Office that you're enrolled in it next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 graw

The good news is that you have 55 of the 60 credits. That means you can progress to the next stage.

The chances that there will be a timetable clash is probably pretty slim. The reason being that next year the majority of your modules will be optional. In that case, you just wont be able to choose the option module (if any) that clashes with your core repeat module.

If your core repeat clashes with next years core module you could end up just having to take the core module in the next semester, if that choice is available.

The worst case scenario is that the timetable cannot be rearranged to avoid a clash. This is just bad luck. Then, you should automatically go to the school which you are studying in and/or the student desk in admin. They will let you know what options you have when you return next September.

It wouldnt do any harm to contact your school and/or the student desk after you get your results. You never know, you may pass or even compensate (score an E grade) the remaining 5 credits. Dont put asking questions to admin or the school on the long finger. Good luck.

Advertisement