Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dj's/Groups you hope to see in 2009

• 11-05-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Who do you hope to see, or who are you mst looking forward to seeing this year!?

For me, Jus†ice, Deadmau5, Axwell, Swedish House Mafia, Boys Noize, Dr. Lektroluv, Modeselektor, MSTRKRFT, Felix Da Housecat are just a few.

(awaits a mainstream-ish type bashing :pac:)

What about yourselfs!? Who'd make it a great year for ya!?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Not really sure I just want to see as many good Techno DJ's as I can.

Went to a gig on Saturday with just some no-name DJ's but they played really great Techno and I had one of the ebst nights in ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Mixed bag for me but obviously Orbital are way ahead of anyone else...

1 - ORBITAL
    2- Graeme Park
    3- Dave Angel
    4- Underworld
    5- CJ Mackintosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Format B
    Ellen Alllien - gutted i missed her

I'll lay off for now about my opinions on Felix da Housecat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Format B

Ellen Allien in the pepper the other week was one of the worst gigs ive been to ever. She played that song off that jamster ringtone add day & night, really pathetic set.

Id like to see

1. Miro Pajic
    2. EC50
    3. Ben Klock

SteveDon wrote: »
    Ellen Allien in the pepper the other week was one of the worst gigs ive been to ever. She played that song off that jamster ringtone add day & night, really pathetic set.

Id like to see

1. Miro Pajic
    2. EC50
    3. Ben Klock

As in that Crookers one? I hate that ****e....I have some sets of hers, nothing like that now. Dunno Miro Pajic or EC50 - will have to check em out.

BC in twisted pepper was good, pity Carl Craig was muck that night tho

• Advertisement

As in that Crookers one? I hate that ****e....I have some sets of hers, nothing like that now. Dunno Miro Pajic or EC50 - will have to check em out.

BC in twisted pepper was good, pity Carl Craig was muck that night tho

ye crookers alright, then she knocked out a bit of timberlake for good measue (apparently) dont know for sure because i left in disgust after the crookers was played

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Boy-8bit
    Simian Mobile Disco
    The Whitest Boy Alive
    Royksopp
    Orbital
    Boys Noize
    Aphex Twin + Hecker
    MSTRKRFT
    James Holden
    Moderat
    Mujava
    Deadmau5
    Booka Shade.. Jaysus i cant wait for summer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

considering all the times he's played here for festivals over the past decade, together with dates in dublin, he must think he's an absolute legend in ireland. He needs to be told otherwise

BoysNoize wrote: »
    Boy-8bit
    Simian Mobile Disco
    The Whitest Boy Alive
    Royksopp
    Orbital
    Boys Noize
    Aphex Twin + Hecker
    MSTRKRFT
    James Holden
    Moderat
    Mujava
    Deadmau5

Mujava?!Because of one tune?!

SteveDon wrote: »
    ye crookers alright, then she knocked out a bit of timberlake for good measue (apparently) dont know for sure because i left in disgust after the crookers was played

Ellen.....incidentally she also has her own fashion label, are we seeing a trend here? As in artists with clothing lines are suddenly cack?!

• Advertisement

Ellen.....incidentally she also has her own fashion label, are we seeing a trend here? As in artists with clothing lines are suddenly cack?!

Think she was actually a designer before she became a dj, i honestly think shes a pile of donkey c0ck tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Zascar wrote: »
    Not really sure I just want to see as many good Techno DJ's as I can.

Went to a gig on Saturday with just some no-name DJ's but they played really great Techno and I had one of the ebst nights in ages!

where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

BoysNoize wrote: »
    Boy-8bit
    Simian Mobile Disco
    The Whitest Boy Alive
    Royksopp
    Orbital
    Boys Noize
    Aphex Twin + Hecker
    MSTRKRFT
    James Holden
    Moderat
    Mujava
    Deadmau5

There were in Tripod only 2 or so weeks ago! Nothin' too special! Bit dissapointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Ben Klock (hopefully get over to Berghain a bit over the summer),
    Dubfire (obvious I know),
    Boris Brejcha,
    Shlomi Aber,
    Gui Boratto (was friggin brilliant the last time in Wax),
    Robert Babicz (his livesets look great),
    Sian (good to see a fellow countryman do so brilliantly),
    Sven Vath.

Mujava?!Because of one tune?!

Actually on the recommendation of my older bro whos seen him live an raved about his set to me. So I'll prob check him out at Melt as i trust my brothers judgement. Hope thats alright ;)

jtsuited wrote: »
    Gui Boratto (was friggin brilliant the last time in Wax),

There a date / venue for this JT ?

no not in Ireland at the moment (as far as I know).

oddly enough, he actually has a very small following in Ireland versus how big he is in the rest of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SRFC90 wrote: »
    There were in Tripod only 2 or so weeks ago! Nothin' too special! Bit dissapointing.

I read 'bout problems with doormen in another thread, but a mate was there and thought it was a great gig. That said, he's a complete pot-head so maybe his opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'd love to see Deadmau5. Also: Fatboy Slim, David Guetta, Burns, Fake Blood, Radio One DJ Zane Lowe, Calvin Harris and Dizzee Rascal. August 2. Mainly go for Guetta, Fake blood and a little bit of Fatboy. Well worth 70 in my eyes.

gui boratto too. his em is easily one of the best i've ever heard

Táck wrote: »
    gui boratto too. his em is easily one of the best i've ever heard

didn't even know he did one. thanks for the headsup. presume it's not a dj mix though. more one of his livesets yeah?

• Advertisement

ah man one of the best ive ever heard, honestly

http://rapidshare.de/files/46389406/Gui_Boratto_-_Essential_Mix_28-03-2009.mp3.html

Billy D’Alessandro ‘AcidBurn’ (Gui Boratto’s Remix) (Soniculture)
    Philip Flindt ‘Forward (Gui Boratto's Remix)’ (Freunde Tontraeger)
    Solee ‘Impressed (Gui Boratto's Remix)’ (Parquet Recordings)
    Adam Freeland ‘ManCry (Gui Boratto's Remix)’ (White Label)
    Gui Boratto ‘Take My Breath Away’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto feat. Luciana Villanova ‘No Turning Back’ (Kompakt)
    Pet Shop Boys ‘Love Etc (Gui Boratto's Remix)’ (Parlophone)
    Gui Boratto ‘Haute Couture’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Atomic Soda’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Opus 17’ (Kompakt)
    Robert Babicz ‘Sin (Gui Boratto’s Remix)’ (Systematic Recordings)
    Gui Boratto ‘Ballroom’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Eggplant’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Golden Axe’ (Kompakt)
    Sam Taylor Wood ‘I’m In Love With A German Film Star’ (Gui Boratto Mix) (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Arquipélago’ (K2)
    Bomb The Bass feat. Mark Lanegan ‘Black River’ (Gui Boratto Remix) (K7)
    Gui Boratto feat. Luciana Villanova ‘I Feel Love’ (Kompakt)

some serious tunes. as he says himself in it, he's not a dj, this is him live. hes a ****ing genius

ah man one of the best ive ever heard, honestly

http://rapidshare.de/files/46389406/Gui_Boratto_-_Essential_Mix_28-03-2009.mp3.html

Billy D’Alessandro ‘AcidBurn’ (Gui Boratto’s Remix) (Soniculture)
    Philip Flindt ‘Forward (Gui Boratto's Remix)’ (Freunde Tontraeger)
    Solee ‘Impressed (Gui Boratto's Remix)’ (Parquet Recordings)
    Adam Freeland ‘ManCry (Gui Boratto's Remix)’ (White Label)
    Gui Boratto ‘Take My Breath Away’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto feat. Luciana Villanova ‘No Turning Back’ (Kompakt)
    Pet Shop Boys ‘Love Etc (Gui Boratto's Remix)’ (Parlophone)
    Gui Boratto ‘Haute Couture’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Atomic Soda’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Opus 17’ (Kompakt)
    Robert Babicz ‘Sin (Gui Boratto’s Remix)’ (Systematic Recordings)
    Gui Boratto ‘Ballroom’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Eggplant’ (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Golden Axe’ (Kompakt)
    Sam Taylor Wood ‘I’m In Love With A German Film Star’ (Gui Boratto Mix) (Kompakt)
    Gui Boratto ‘Arquipélago’ (K2)
    Bomb The Bass feat. Mark Lanegan ‘Black River’ (Gui Boratto Remix) (K7)
    Gui Boratto feat. Luciana Villanova ‘I Feel Love’ (Kompakt)

some serious tunes. as he says himself in it, he's not a dj, this is him live. hes a ****ing genius
    good stuff. can't say i'm a huge fan of the new album though. but that tracklist is friggin spot on when it comes to his good stuff.
    again, thanks!

ah just check for yourself, diferent strokes for different folks but this is easy to any ear

ah yeah love most of the tracks on this. his remix of Babicz's 'Sin' is friggin quality.

yeah babicz is good himself. played the vaults afaik here before to a tiny crwod and was playing a football stadium the night before it in germany i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Photojoe

DJ Goebbels. Thankfully I only have to wait a few days as he is playing Dublin Friday,

yeah babicz is good himself. played the vaults afaik here before to a tiny crwod and was playing a football stadium the night before it in germany i think.

yeah love babicz's stuff. he's a regular poster actually over on the gearslutz forum. seems like a nice guy.

he's also put out an inhuman amount of records over the past 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

good stuff. can't say i'm a huge fan of the new album though. but that tracklist is friggin spot on when it comes to his good stuff.
    again, thanks!

New album is a bit blah alright. I like Take My Breath Away, Opus 17, Eggplant and Ballroom but the rest isnt great.

Id still put him high on a list of acts id like to see along with:

Ben Klock
    Len Faki
    Loco Dice
    Moderat
    Gregor Tresher
    SCSI-9
    Catz N Dogz
    Radio Slave
    Stephan Bodzin

clive henry
    luciano
    magda
    loco dice
    pryda
    james talk
    dario zenker
    dj hell
    james zabiela

• Advertisement

yeah bodzin would be nice.

just remembered Martin buttrich is playing here the 23rd of this month.

yeah bodzin would be nice.

just remembered Martin buttrich is playing here the 23rd of this month.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Danny Rampling again as it's been years since i seen this legend, also Pete Tong as well.

jonny68 wrote: »
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Danny Rampling again as it's been years since i seen this legend, also Pete Tong as well.
    Give it up gramps. Grow up with a bit of dignity please.

Photojoe wrote: »
    Give it up gramps. Grow up with a bit of dignity please.

very mature comment that eh, how sad and pathetic,id suggest you take your cr*p elsewhere :rolleyes:

very mature comment that eh, how sad and pathetic,id suggest you take your cr*p elsewhere :rolleyes:
    You are seem stuck 20 years in the past with your list of djs. How can you retain an active interest in music that has passed you by a long time ago?

• Advertisement

You are seem stuck 20 years in the past with your list of djs. How can you retain an active interest in music that has passed you by a long time ago?

Seriously what planet do you live on FFS :eek: Danny Rampling and especially Pete Tong DJ all over the world,and are still immensely popular, so are you trying to suggest that because these guys have been around since the start that they they are not still actively playing out everywhere (and im not talking old skool either), id seriously think before you actually post such drivel.:eek:

an more to the point what business is it of yours what DJ's i want to see, your just thread spoiling.

Mixed bag for me but obviously Orbital are way ahead of anyone else...

1 - ORBITAL
    2- Graeme Park
    3- Dave Angel
    4- Underworld
    5- CJ Mackintosh
    Rampling is ancient. As are all of the above. Your friends must all think you are a bit odd.

an more to the point what business is it of yours what DJ's i want to see, your just thread spoiling.

I see myself as the caretaker for the scene and right now I see a broken gutter that needs replacing.

Rampling is ancient. As are all of the above. Your friends must all think you are a bit odd.

oh right so because the following are not fresh faced youngsters they should just be cast aside, jaysus christ ive heard it all now :eek: fcuks sake you couldn't make this sh*t up if you tried!!!!!!!!!!!!

as i said previously...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, it's nothing to do with you what acts i want to see ok.

• Advertisement

oh right so because the following are not fresh faced youngsters they should just be cast aside, jaysus christ ive heard it all now :eek: fcuks sake you couldn't make this sh*t up if you tried!!!!!!!!!!!!

as i said previously...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, it's nothing to do with you what acts i want to see ok.

I'm just giving you some friendly advice. Move on. Keep the memories, listen to something a bit more your age. Get into some Springstein or daytime talk radio.

I'm just giving you some friendly advice. Move on. Keep the memories, listen to something a bit more your age. Get into some Springstein or daytime talk radio.

listen man do yourself a favour and take your rubbish elsewhere, your quite clearly thread spoiling ok and if you are trying to provoke me into an argument you've tried and failed miserably, i wont repeat myself again.

listen man do yourself a favour and take your rubbish elsewhere, your quite clearly thread spoiling ok and if you are trying to provoke me into an argument you've tried and failed miserably, i wont repeat myself again.

ah i reckon you will.

Right you probably don't realise who you are talking to. Consider your self barred from 60% of the clubs in Dublin 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Seriously what planet do you live on FFS :eek: Danny Rampling and especially Pete Tong DJ all over the world,and are still immensely popular, so are you trying to suggest that because these guys have been around since the start that they they are not still actively playing out everywhere (and im not talking old skool either), id seriously think before you actually post such drivel.:eek:

in his defence jonny pete tong has been plying nothing but sheer horror for a long time now...

if you want to hear old school music, or at least hear someone play a set that's drawn from a knowledge and involvement and love of a few decades balls-deep in the craft then it's the likes of larry heard, bill brewster, osunlade, and any of the old proper house legends who still make it over here every once in a while that are really who you want to be going to check out...

danny rampling retired didn't he? and pete tong was always more of an oppurtunist and a business head and a broadcaster than he was ever a first rate club dj (IMO)

there's no point in being old school for the sake of it unless you really want to get to grips with the roots of the music you're into - but harping on about tong in 2009 doesn't make you look like a wise old veteran, it makes you look like you're looking in YOUR past at good times YOU had rather than looking at the amazing MUSIC those times came with...

just an observation - i have the utmost respect your love for what you do and your unflagging enthusiasm...

(until we get to the hardcore breaks thing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Format B

I like Felix DHC, but the last Global underground he did was rubbish. Badly sequenced and some of the tracks were badly picked.

Sorry, I know this isn't a bash the DJ thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Rolling Stones are still going and actively playing out everywhere, it doesn't mean that what they produce is actually good or particularly relevant.

danny rampling retired didn't he?
    Think he did but he was obviously missing out on the big pay cheques. He's always struck me as somebody that has dined out on the pioneering success Shoom for far too long.

and pete tong was always more of an oppurtunist and a business head and a broadcaster than he was ever a first rate club dj (IMO)
    Totally agree. Some of his earlier mixes were top notch but I always got the feeling that he never really defined a style. Seemed to concentrate more of the media side rather than DJing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

This thread was supposed to be about who you personally were planning to see this year, but it seems to have decended into bashing peoples choices.....so I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome all the Dance Music Ireland crew to the forum.

;)

Dance Music Ireland

fail

yeah love babicz's stuff. he's a regular poster actually over on the gearslutz forum. seems like a nice guy.

Gearslutz? Do elaboarate......i need more good ance music forums to get mne through the day.........

On another note i liked his remixes of Joris Voorn's "Dark Flower" and Gui Boratto's "Mr.Decay"

Certainly a producer to look out for....

• Advertisement
Advertisement