Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granie Worktop

Options
  • 11-05-2009 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just bought a showroom kitchen but have to take it down myself as company is closing.

How do I separate two adjoining slabs of granite.. seem to be glued together.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 djmaslo

You will have to cut the glue away first from the joint with a stanley blade. After that, if the joint is glued with resin glue you will need a rubber mallet (or hammer trough the cloth) and bang a few times on the both sides of the joint to make a glue cracked and the same loose the joint. During that you need to be very careful to not chip the stone. If you need professional instalation of your worktop, extra upstands or window cill just let me know. I'm stonemason. Good luck

Advertisement