Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Lenihan on Newstalk on Sunday Morning

Options
  • 11-05-2009 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else hear Conor Lenihan make a complete dope of himself on Newstalk on Sunday morning ?

Basically FF central office complained that the newspaper review that Newstalk did was biased , because they led with the story in the Sunday Indo that FG had a huge lead in the polls , esp George Lee.

Anyway Conor Lenihan came on to complain about the biased reporting and came across as a total prat. He bitched and whined , put it this way I think he would have turned any voter against him

If you didn't hear him , it's worth downloading , I think it's available on podcast.

http://newstalk.ie/newstalk/news/19290/minister-blames-media-for-anti-government-sentiment.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

With the greatest of respect towards him as a person he quite often makes a prat of himself and when he raises his voice sounds patronising. However if this is what the politics thread is being reduced to shag it I might as well take part.The stupid threads seem to last the longest :D

Conors best bet is to shag off to europe and makes loads of money on his name. Brien will be head man soon. God help us all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

It was car crash radio for Lenihan. How many times does he have to make a daw out of himself?

Just shows how out of touch these people are and how entitled to power they feel

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Newstalk played it again this morning for those who missed it.

And yes, he very much sound like a prat, a very big one at that. Out of touch is putting it mildly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

conor lenihan was a journalist too, he's the problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Ah but sure didn't he work for Denis O'Brien. That makes you a qualified expert in the field of excellence you know.

http://www.yourtechstuff.com/techwire/2009/04/im-not-answerable-to-you.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wheres the podcast, or is it not up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Whoops my mistake , on the program yesterday they said they were posting it.

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

How that clown held onto his junior ministry is beyond me , but then i suppose big bro is troughing at the top table. Conor lenihan is a classic case of people voting for the donkey with the FF rosette and voting for the political dynasty name and not the individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

As a prime example of why Shay Brennan should not by elected in the upcoming by-election look no further than Conor Lenihan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Jaysus . . . . . . . Conor Lenihan where to start?

How about the drunken buffoon who fell asleep on radio while waiting to be interviewed on RTE while at FF's annual piss up get together in the Slieve Russell Hotel in Cavan four years ago. Newstalk got a copy of the tape and played it live you could hear him snoring and wheezing away! :D

Or what about his kebabs joke in the Dail when the Turkish workers from GAMA were getting paid about €2 per hour while building our roads. Then he gets appointed as junior minister for integration!

He is what happens when you get "family" seats, his brother and his auntie are two other examples of what happens when people blindly vote FF without any regard for the consequences for the rest of us. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

How about the drunken buffoon who fell asleep on radio while waiting to be interviewed on RTE while at FF's annual piss up get together in the Slieve Russell Hotel in Cavan four years ago. Newstalk got a copy of the tape and played it live you could hear him snoring and wheezing away! :D

Someone _must_ have a copy of this - please!

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Jaysus . . . . . . . Conor Lenihan where to start?

Or what about his kebabs joke in the Dail when the Turkish workers from GAMA were getting paid about €2 per hour while building our roads. Then he gets appointed as junior minister for integration!

He is what happens when you get "family" seats, his brother and his auntie are two other examples of what happens when people blindly vote FF without any regard for the consequences for the rest of us. :mad:

Your link was broken mate, here is correct link:
    http://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2005/sep/11/all-over-the-gaffe/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Ah but sure didn't he work for Denis O'Brien. That makes you a qualified expert in the field of excellence you know.

Irish politics often amazes me..........both shocking and predictable at the same time.

I can just imagine the fight about wikipedia, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Lenihan C should never have been a politician, he has no charisma,intelligence and is just a bad tempered ill informed gob****e that is typical of the upper FF destroying our country party IMO. He was on Pat Kenny as well and was unable to put a coherent reply to any questions. About time he got the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I thought i was listening to Gift Grub for a few minutes:rolleyes:

Sleipnir wrote: »

OMG what a t**t !! that is just shocking if it is an accurate transcript of an actual phone call !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

I'm not one to defend Lenehin (or any other eejit) but the lady from newstalk wasn't in the right herself. She said that a FF TD pulled out at short notice and that this relieved the station of its obligation to broadcast an unbiased piece. That's a pretty dubious argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

John_C wrote: »
    I'm not one to defend Lenehin (or any other eejit) but the lady from newstalk wasn't in the right herself. She said that a FF TD pulled out at short notice and that this relieved the station of its obligation to broadcast an unbiased piece. That's a pretty dubious argument.

I dont understand, John. Is there a typo?

Made some clown of himself when he fell asleep on the phone alright. I think that the issue of political dynasties was brought to the fore on the Late Late Show the other night. Fintan O'Toole made a lot of good points. It's ridiculous that the Lenihans are voted in on the basis of who they are related to, rather than experience or competence. Feel like putting my head in my hands when I think of the political situation in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

I dont understand, John. Is there a typo?

Made some clown of himself when he fell asleep on the phone alright. I think that the issue of political dynasties was brought to the fore on the Late Late Show the other night. Fintan O'Toole made a lot of good points. It's ridiculous that the Lenihans are voted in on the basis of who they are related to, rather than experience or competence. Feel like putting my head in my hands when I think of the political situation in this country.
    I don't know anything about the time he fell asleep or the time he was on the Late Late. I heard his interview on newstalk over the weekend and that's what I'm writing about.

There's no typo in what I wrote (that I can see) but maybe I didn't phrase it very well, I'll try again.

Lenihan and a presenter from newstalk had a row over whether a previous piece on her show was biased. He said it was. She said it wasn't her fault, as she had asked a FF TD to come on but he pulled out at short notice and that this relieved her of her obligation to be unbiased. I think that the argument she made is dubious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Is there a podcast of this anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

mercuroman wrote: »

What an embarressment...Hes running scared..You can hear it in his voice.Ludicrious argument..If I was an on the ground FG man from Dublin South listening to that.I'd be very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

If there was ever a time a politician shouldn't have rung up a radio station that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

FF must be embarassed to have such a fool in their ranks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

He's a disgrace to Irish politics. The Irish political system must have hit rock bottom that they accepted this fool on board.

She should have asked him to hold for a little chances are he would have repeated his snoring on air when they went back to him zzzz :P

FF must be embarassed to have such a fool in their ranks !

Well it's not like he's the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh sweet lord, just listened to all of it.

Note for Conor Lenihan in the future: if you're going to go in with all guns blazing, it helps if you bring a gun. If you're not going to bring a gun, don't go in blazing and at least listen to what the other person is saying.

Jesus he's unbelieveable. I mean, he just kept on flogging the dead horse of "you don't provide balance" even though he'd refused to come on the previous weekend and they had the Chief Whip on the week before!
    "Well, I can see we're not going to agree. Good luck now"

He seems to do the old "good luck now" whenever he backs himself into a corner. The other example I posted above; http://www.yourtechstuff.com/techwire/2009/04/im-not-answerable-to-you.html

Him and his ilk just have to go. People like him should never be allowed run anything in this country ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

I dont know who is worse Brian Lenihan or Conor Lenihan or even Mary O' Rourke for that matter.

Advertisement