Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a Tent

Options
  • 11-05-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all, I am going to ****** this year and am looking for a good tent!! last year we purchased them from dunnes which wasnt waterproof and let in every drop of rain.....not good!!!!

This year i am looking for:
    A waterproof tent
    Something that is easy enough to put up
    There will be 2 in it so maybe a 3 person tent for extra room
    Also dont want to pay a fortune for it!!!!

Im not a camping person so havent a clue as to what is best to get.

Could anyone pass on some advice????

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

if you are in or near dublin, pop in to millets. go upstairs and talk to the staff there. probably your best spot for a basic affordable tent that works. the staff are reasonably knowledgeble there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

dub0605 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am going to ****** this year and am looking for a good tent!! last year we purchased them from dunnes which wasnt waterproof and let in every drop of rain.....not good!!!!

This year i am looking for:
    A waterproof tent
    Something that is easy enough to put up
    There will be 2 in it so maybe a 3 person tent for extra room
    Also dont want to pay a fortune for it!!!!

Im not a camping person so havent a clue as to what is best to get.

Could anyone pass on some advice????

Thanks

Dublin wise - millets on mary street and OAS on liffey street normally have good quality 3 man tents for €60 at that time of the year. Millets will be the cheaper of the two.......

I worked for both places once upon a time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I am looking for the same only I am planning on camping at a festival in Germany. What sort of set up is on these tents? How are they anchored to the ground. I take it with steel stakes. Is there any other way as I wont be checking in items for the flight, illl just be bringing the tent and thats all.

Also what approximate cost would it be for a tent to sleep two and for sleeping bags? Are sleeping bags neccesary and if so will a cheapo one do? Not going to the antartic and am hoping for fairly decent weather end of july in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dub0605

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3409770/c_1/2%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C12159727/c_2/3%7Ccat_12159727%7CCamping+and+caravanning%7C12159728/c_3/4%7Ccat_12159728%7CTents%7C12159731.htm?Price+Cut=1

seen this one that i think looks good (remember though i know nothing about tents!!!) what do you think????

i am looking for something cheap, with room for 2 people/bags/stuff and rainproof :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

yeah that tent looks ok. but remember it mightn't be in that state when the festival is over. chances are people will be falling on it, puking on it and every thing else. I'd say get it as its cheap. but i'd suggest getting a good sleeping bag as you'd use it again back in ireland. I spent about 50euro on mine a couple of years ago and I wish i spent more as it gets cold in ireland no matter what season it is. I saw a pop up tent in halfords in blanchardstown a while ago and you throw it into the air and when it lands its erect, and you just stake it down. it was about 50 euro, I was in france last year and the same tent was only 14.99euro. in a supermarket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement