Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical stores refusing to lower prices and losing sales

Options
2»

Comments

I made a thread over in the Louth forum about a D.I.D sale that was on and how I went about (trying to) get stores to beat one another on price.

Just thought i'd link to it here as it may be of some use to people reading this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055582594

I may be wrong but isn't there a rule that sony (and other similar retailers) can't sell their own products lower than the RRP? Maybe €1899 was the RRP? just a thought.

You were dead right to shop around though OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭catch88

Not sure if them not lowering prices has anything to do with this but i worked in a department store and the reason why our staff discountt was comparitively low on electrical goods (7%) compared to say clothing (20%) was because the mark up on eletrical is alot lower than other goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Had a similar problem recently when i was looking for a new lens for my camera.

The particular lens was available for 165 sterling over the internet, but being the patriot that i am i was reluctant to buy from and english company. The problem however was that the cheapest i could get the particular lens in ireland was €300.

I then decided to make enquiries at a few different camera shops, explain the situation and see if they could do me a deal.
    The result was that 2 shops refused to budge and 1 shop offered €20 reduction. In each case i said its ok i'l get the one on the net. And they all seemed happy to let me walk out money in pocket.

Its like they didnt want to sell it to me!!!

what lens was it? where did you buy the camera?

Advertisement