Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadly Alliance Tournament

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    It took nearly 24 hours of epic fighting but Sylar and The Borg have finally put Blade and The Undead to bed.:pac:

Next one on the way shortly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

the ghost rider comics were sickeningly hard core, I used to love them.....
    I find nicholas cage to have destroyed the character from the inside :( (this is coming from a fan of the cage :P)

anyways, the emperor has no soul so ghost rider is pretty much screwed there, and strength is really no issue for a dude who can move stuff by pointing a stick at it XD

saruman/ emperor for this young lad.... if you'd given the rider a better team mate than a huge primate then possibly he coulda done it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Saruman and The Emperor for sure - a big primate would put up no kind of fight and I think the dark side of the Force could douse Ghost Rider's flames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    I think the Ghost Rider has a serious upper hand at facing off against Saruman if not also Sidious. Maybe Sidious doesnt have a soul though. Saruman definitely does though. He was a white wizard and only turned out of necessity - just went in a very bad way afer that.

King kong lifts Sidious up over his head vader style and throws him down a shaft. Lightning blasts and Light Sabre swipes would surely injure the beast but he would man it up.

No No wait - he eats him. Better.

The end.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    2-1 to The Emperor and Saruman.

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Ghost Rider/Kong, mainly due to Ghost Rider being on the team.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think a fully empowered Ghost Rider would pwn both the emperor (easily- the emporers lightning wont do much to a demon, and physically he's well past it) and Saruman might give a good go but I am not sure he'd manage Kong as well.

Im going for the Ghost King.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    3-2 to the team of Ghost King.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Hmmm, the above posts changed my original instinct...Ill go for Ghost king too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    I do love a big ape.

Pter wrote: »
    Hmmm, the above posts changed my original instinct...Ill go for Ghost king too.

The power of the Doomind, right there

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Id follow you to hell and, hopefully, back, Doom.

Puppy.jpg

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    5-2 to Ghost King. I gotta say, I thought the pure power in sorcery of Saruman and The Emperor would walk this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

The wizard and the Dark Lord of the Sith would do this for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Michael Myers-Jason Vorhees
    Force lightning burns the ape down to it's skin, nothing more ridiculous.

Has to be Saruman and Sidiou- Sidu- Sidou- Sidney.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    The Sorcerors (yeah I know, The Emperor isn't technically one:P) have reduced the lead of Ghost King to just one.

5-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    The judge influenced the last few votes :p shenannigans!

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Overheal wrote: »
    The judge influenced the last few votes :p shenannigans!

Bah! LZ does not care for either team.:D:p

Wizards do it: magically ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Two-Face-Freddy Krueger
    Considering Christopher Lee (on the set of the Fellowship of the Ring) said that firing lightning bolts from one's fingers was an old cliché one can assume tehre would be in fighting between Emperor Palpatine and Sauruman. The other team could use this chaos to take the initiative.
    Ghost Rider yells, "GUILTY" (for no apparent reason other than to ad to the confusion), entangles his opponents with his ghostly chains while big ape King Kong finishes them off by sitting on them.

Ghost Kong wins for me.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    6-4 to Ghost King.

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Is it not 6-4

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Pter wrote: »
    Is it not 6-4

Nice one for the save.:o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

hmmm...A fairly epic battle i must say but i think the fact this one comes down to brains rather than brawn, so unfortunately Ghost Kong lose out here.

As they face eachother down, the emperor's powers in the Force can easily screw with Kongs primative brainpower causing him to go on the rampage and destroy Ghost Rider.

This leaves plenty of time for Sauroman and The Emperor to fry the big ape with their magical lightning fingery things.

The Sorcerers win...

(Is this too late at 6-4?)

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Eirebear wrote: »
    hmmm...A fairly epic battle i must say but i think the fact this one comes down to brains rather than brawn, so unfortunately Ghost Kong lose out here.

As they face eachother down, the emperor's powers in the Force can easily screw with Kongs primative brainpower causing him to go on the rampage and destroy Ghost Rider.

This leaves plenty of time for Sauroman and The Emperor to fry the big ape with their magical lightning fingery things.

The Sorcerers win...

(Is this too late at 6-4?)

Nope it's fiesr to eight so you're not too late at all.:)

6-5 to Ghost Kong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Neo-Dr. Manhattan
    Flaming skull and giant ape win this one for me. There opponents are merely mortals after all.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Flaming skull and giant ape win this one for me. There opponents are merely mortals after all.

That makes it 7-5, will one more will do it for the team of Ghost Rider and King Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    SDooM wrote: »
    I think a fully empowered Ghost Rider would pwn both the emperor (easily- the emporers lightning wont do much to a demon, and physically he's well past it)
    Yoda is physically past it but when they call the power of the force it re-invigorates them and their can out perform athletes. Besides the emporer has a lightsaber.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Considering Christopher Lee (on the set of the Fellowship of the Ring) said that firing lightning bolts from one's fingers was an old cliché one can assume tehre would be in fighting between Emperor Palpatine and Sauruman.
    Wizards have a lot more powers that just lightning bolts. Saruman could convince Ghost rider and Kong to destroy each other with just the power of his voice.
    Saruman has lived for thousands of years and learned a lot in that time. But yes he can be killed.

All Ghost rider and Kong have on their side is Hell. Saruman and the Emperor have the Force and the power of the gods on their side (which includes Hell). They are just too powerful.

Saruman/The Emperor for me

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    7-6. The Sorcerers are refusing to give up. It's going down to the wire.

• Advertisement

The Don wrote: »
    Yoda is physically past it but when they call the power of the force it re-invigorates them and their can out perform athletes. Besides the emporer has a lightsaber.

Wizards have a lot more powers that just lightning bolts. Saruman could convince Ghost rider and Kong to destroy each other with just the power of his voice.

Saruman has lived for thousands of years and learned a lot in that time. But yes he can be killed.

All Ghost rider and Kong have on their side is Hell. Saruman and the Emperor have the Force and the power of the gods on their side (which includes Hell). They are just too powerful.

Saruman/The Emperor for me

eh... I'd like to see saruman try to invade ghost riders mind. Wouldn't go well.

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    SDooM wrote: »
    eh... I'd like to see saruman try to invade ghost riders mind. Wouldn't go well.

He doesn't invade minds he persuades people. Anyway, thats only one of his powers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Neo-Dr. Manhattan
    The Don wrote: »
    He doesn't invade minds he persuades people. Anyway, thats only one of his powers.
    Yes and GhosT Rider makes you face all the awful things you've done in life as one of his powers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Ghost Rider and King Kong after Palpatines force lightning backfires:

@ 2:28

Vengeance must be served!

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Ghost Kong are victorious!

The next battle coming up........

Neo-Dr. Manhattan
    Boomstick, chainsaw, and werewolf fury versus human perfection and alien symbiote. Bat-Venom doesn't stand a chance.
    Ash-Wolf takes this with ease.*

*I admit I'm a little biased on this fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Two-Face-Freddy Krueger
    Batman & Venom!!!

Surely the ultimate vigilante team up. If you were to combine Batman's cunning and technological wizardry with Venom's amazing strenght and agility you would have a force to be reckoned with.
    Despite Ash's great tenacity and Wolwman's strenght I think they have been outclassed. Plus Ash would probably fiight with the Wofman upon seeing him.

Batman may have the power of the almighty dollar and years of guilt on his side but what use are those against a chin that can cut granite and a chainsaw arm that can cut expectations in twain. Men want to be him, women want to be with him... it's Ash Williams. Groovy.

The ooze from the darkest hues, the goo from the space shuttle crew, it's Venom and no furred kitty-cat can stand up to it. Unfortunately, the razor sharp fangs of the Wolfman are imbued with the lycanthropic curse that transforms him every full moon and one bite sends Venom into a fevered daze and the fur sprouting from every inch of dark flesh shatters the structural integrity of Venom and reduces him to a gob of wet hair that even the Wolfman would be proud of.

It's Ash Williams and the Wolfman by a hair.

• Advertisement

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    2-1 to Wolfman and Ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Batman & Venom. :)

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Batman & Venom. :)

Welcome to the game Kane-N-Nite.:D Just a heads up about this tournament and what's different about it is that we're looking for people to give a reason for their vote. It can be as long or as short as you like.:)

2-2.

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Batman/Venom team. Batman is what makes this such an easy choice for me. He has survived tougher opponents in his time as a caped crusader.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Batman and Venom for me i reckon, their agility is way too much for the wolfman and poor old ash, who would both struggle to withstand arial attacks from our dark "heroes".

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    4-2 to the vigilantes.

• Advertisement

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Ash has fought the army of darkness and won. He always seems to come out on top in a fight. He has an ability for things to go horrible wrong yet he still gets the upper hand in the end. He could take Batman or Venom one on one but not together.

My heart tells me Ash but my head says Batman and Venom.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

y'see I'm sure Batman already has a plan in place for taking care of a werewolf, but Ash is definitely the wild card. However, Venom himself is a pretty wild card too, so I'd say between the pair of them, Ash is going down.

Batman and Venom I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Neo-Dr. Manhattan
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Batman & Venom!!!

Surely the ultimate vigilante team up. If you were to combine Batman's cunning and technological wizardry with Venom's amazing strenght and agility you would have a force to be reckoned with.
    Despite Ash's great tenacity and Wolwman's strenght I think they have been outclassed. Plus Ash would probably fiight with the Wofman upon seeing him.

^^ this tbh, could not have put it better myself! batman and venom are just the perfect team and combination of strength, agility and brains (aswell as technological advances), they would be too much of a battle for ash and wolfman!

Batman & Venom

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    The Vigilantes weather the early storm and ease into a 7-2 lead. One more will do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Venom rocks, That dude with the tights will surely slow him down once the tourna proceeds.

Enough to take this one though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement