Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadly Alliance Tournament

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    The Vigilantes progess to the next round.

Next one coming up........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Two-Face-Freddy Krueger
    Buffy & Jack
    should stride this. I mean we have the chosen one and the illegitamite (sp) son of McGuyver facing off against two knive wielding loons. Sure the knife wielders have a bit of supernatural power about them (enough to take out Jack if he were alone), but Buffy's agility would make fools of them altogether. Jack could probably throw sticks at them too or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Neo-Dr. Manhattan
    buffy has taken down worse people then jason and mike by herself, and with jacks know how and ability this is an easy one. buffy and jack are two gifted and intelligent as well as physically skilled fighters who would be too much of a match for the other 2 loons!

buffy and jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    I first thought Buffy and Jack and then I saw problems.

Buffy is a sucker for a man with issues/black moods/voilent etc, Jack has loads of issues. She would fall in love with him, and he would just seelp with her for kicks and never commit,this partnership is sure to end in failure and in-fighting when the love affair ends. Doomed I tells ye....doomed :pac::pac:

Michael and Jason love killing and probaly love each other killing. this would be consistent relationship with no emotion to hold them back.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    2-1 to Buffy and Bauer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Michael Myers-Jason Vorhees
    Jack Bauer shoots Myers and Vorhees in the face, then pirate swings out of the joint.

Buffy Bauer wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Buffy killed- the master vampire, her vampire boyfriend who was pretty powerful,a giant snake demon,a freakin cyborg,a god!,a super powerful witch,and the first evil.

Jack lost his car keys,and interogated and tortured himself for 7 hours to find them.
    He also beat the bejesus out of his daughters boyfriend and got her virginity back.

No. Freaking. Contest.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    4-1 to Buffy Bauer.

Nerin wrote: »
    Buffy killed- the master vampire, her vampire boyfriend who was pretty powerful,a giant snake demon,a freakin cyborg,a god!,a super powerful witch,and the first evil.

Jack lost his car keys,and interogated and tortured himself for 7 hours to find them.
    He also beat the bejesus out of his daughters boyfriend and got her virginity back.

No. Freaking. Contest.

That brought a smile to my face.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Nerin wrote: »

No. Freaking. Contest.

That says it all ^^^

Buffy and Jack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doomed I tells ye....doomed

Be careful how you use them words round these parts. I think buffy'd enjoy being doomed. Don't think There's much chance of it happening to lack though.

Uh, yeah, buffy'd kill them both proving her girl power while jack watches stunned. Nothing she's not dealt with, day in day out. Team jaffy wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    The good guys win this one. Agree with Rhyme and Nerin's sentiments especially.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Buffy and Bauer dominate in an 8-1 victory.

The next battle coming up, all I can say is that hand on heart this is how the pairings and indeed the match up came out.:P

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Prepares to say either 'what a con' or 'thank you gods of luck'

Actually, LZ.....my vote only brought it to 7-1

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Pter wrote: »
    Prepares to say either 'what a con' or 'thank you gods of luck'

Actually, LZ.....my vote only brought it to 7-1

Whoops my crap maths strike again.:o We'll just keep moving due to what the score was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Ripley could take those two clowns on her own.

She'd just take off and nuke them and the xenomorphs from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Ripleys butch bravado and David Duchovny's suave humour clash and the resulting explosion razes LV-426 down to scrub grass leaving Scully and a clutch of Facehuggers. An FHM cover ensues to which a public outcry leaves Scully a broken woman leaving the Facehugger clutch to pick up the pieces... the tasty delicious acid-burnt pieces.

Xenomorphs triumph. Ron Perlman is still awesome.

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Ripley and Xenomorphs all the way. Sure either of those by themselves could walk it. Stupid David Duchovney. GRRRRRR

Also, what Rhyme said.....

• Advertisement

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Whoops my crap maths strike again.:o We'll just keep moving due to what the score was.

:eek:, Fix. I demand a recount :p

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    3-0 to the Xenomorphs and Ripley. I think I've got that right.:pac:
    :eek:, Fix. I demand a recount :p

Shhhhhhhhh!:P:D

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Mulder and Scully would be like finger food to the other team. No mere mortals will survive these battles,

(watch your back Jack, she's not to be trusted:pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

No contest here whatsoever.

Ripley could take these two on her own, but she wont. She knows how vain Mulder and Scully are, and would quickly send out a couple of face huggers just to piss the off.

Yeah thats right Mulder...The Truth is IN YOU! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

The only human capable of fighting against these things. The most perfect and adaptable species in the universe. Together?

No contest.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    A dominating 6-0 so far for Ripley and her uneasy alliance with the Xenomorphs.

• Advertisement

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Mulder and Scully don't stand a chance. The most they could do is call for backup but they'd be dead long before it arrived.

Ripley and the Xenomorphs.

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    'What a con' btw

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    'What a con' btw

:eek::pac:

7-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Mulder would try to absorb the situation, muttering to himself while Scully gets raped by the Xenomorphs. Ripley walks up and snaps mulders neck.

Ripley and Xenomorphs ftw.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Overheal wrote: »
    Mulder would try to absorb the situation, muttering to himself while Scully gets raped by the Xenomorphs. Ripley walks up and snaps mulders neck.

Ripley and Xenomorphs ftw.

FTW indeed.:D

Next one coming up........

• Advertisement

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Joker Team.

The Joker unloads his selection of knives, vegetable peelers, acids and oversized revolver rounds into John Constantine only to find that Keanu Reeves is indeed made of cardboard leaving the field at 2 to 1 against Pinhead who grins widely and reaches into the void in space and time (conveniently located in his back pocket) to retrieve his puzzle cube but... oops... Rorschach has it and has solved it without a second glance. Bye-bye Pinhead.

Jorshach wins.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    2-0 to the team christened as Jorshach by Rhyme.:pac:

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Team Psycho's as good for laughs too win. (joker and Rorschach)

Liking the more mainstream characters LZ :)

Two-Face-Freddy Krueger
    Rhyme wrote: »
    The Joker unloads his selection of knives, vegetable peelers, acids and oversized revolver rounds into John Constantine only to find that Keanu Reeves is indeed made of cardboard leaving the field at 2 to 1 against Pinhead who grins widely and reaches into the void in space and time (conveniently located in his back pocket) to retrieve his puzzle cube but... oops... Rorschach has it and has solved it without a second glance. Bye-bye Pinhead.

Jorshach wins.

I was on the fence until this post. I'm giving my vote to Jorshach for the reasons stated in the narrative above.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Team Psycho's as good for laughs too win. (joker and Rorschach)

Liking the more mainstream characters LZ :)

Nice one, but I think that it's inevitable someone will complain about leaving someone out.:D:pac:

4-0.

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Pinhead has met his match in the Joker. The Joker is far too insane. Hell would be like a vacation for him. Rorschach is a far better fighter than Constantine.

My vote goes to team Jorshach.

*I'm going to miss the next few rounds. No internet at home yet :(

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    The Don wrote: »
    Pinhead has met his match in the Joker. The Joker is far too insane. Hell would be like a vacation for him. Rorschach is a far better fighter than Constantine.

Aw that sucks.:( You're great at the reasoning behind your choices.:(

5-0.

Pinhead would have Joker beaten all ways, sure, the Joker would put up a good fight, and would no doubt be laughing all the way to the end...but it WOULD be the end, Pinhead would drag the Joker all the way to hell and show him the true meaning of Anarchy.

(Mind you, the Joker would make a hell of a cenobite in future battles!)

Rorschach would again, battle valiantly, and easily dispatch constantine while the Joker battles with Pinhead, but once embroiled in the battle with the pointy featured one would also find himself sucked into hell.

One back for Pinstantine (however pinhead will struggle with such a bad partner)

• Advertisement

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    5-1 now, is it too late for a comeback?

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Never too late for a comeback.

Lets not forget Joker is just a man, plan and simple mortal man.

Pinhead is a demon from hell who is a ruthless killer, but not insane like the Joker. In the midst of tag team battle you need a steady partner. Joker is not.

With the other pairing, Rorschach may have the upper hand but only slightly.

My vote goes to team Pinstantine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's got to be pinstantine. Jorscarch would struggle valiantly but at the end of the day Pinhead has demonic powers, and would just be toying with them.

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    I might have to overturn my vote. I admit I voted Joker on a popularity vote. Even though I dont think theres anything Joker or Rorschach could have done against him.

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    The Don wrote: »

I can proxy his vote if you want :P

Also, in one of the (few) comics i have read Joker does die and go to hell, where he does gain demonic powers...coming back to haunt and torment Bats. I would imagine this incarnation of the Joker could handle anything Pinhead has got. Plus there is the fact that he is the JOKER!!!!! His mind is a tunnel of twisted chaos which somehow manages to always find a way to make his opponents suffer.

Darth Vader-Gandalf
    Overheal wrote: »
    I might have to overturn my vote. I admit I voted Joker on a popularity vote. Even though I dont think theres anything Joker or Rorschach could have done against him.

So are you overturning your vote?:pac:

I can proxy his vote if you want :P

Also, in one of the (few) comics i have read Joker does die and go to hell, where he does gain demonic powers...coming back to haunt and torment Bats. I would imagine this incarnation of the Joker could handle anything Pinhead has got. Plus there is the fact that he is the JOKER!!!!! His mind is a tunnel of twisted chaos which somehow manages to always find a way to make his opponents suffer.

Thats all fair and well, but in my reading of this battle it is the earthly joker who is up againstpinhead.
    As i have already pointed out, adding the Joker to his army of cenobites could be either a great move for Pinhead, or one which will (quite literally) come back to haunt him...
    But the man we knew as the joker is gone.

Pinhead wins! :pac:

Two-Face-Freddy Krueger
    Eirebear wrote: »
    But the man we knew as the joker is gone.

:( I miss Heath Ledger

Galvasean wrote: »
    :( I miss Heath Ledger

And once again i spit the last of my Irn Bru all over my monitor...god dammit!:pac:

• Advertisement

Blair Witch-Pazazu
    Eirebear wrote: »
    And once again i spit the last of my Irn Bru all over my monitor...god dammit!:pac:
    80915_face_it.jpg

Advertisement