Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calling ireland using skype

Options
  • 11-05-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

have any of you guys noticed that calling home using skype provides better call quality and less delay than using a mobile phone , and its a lot cheaper too !!

when i tried it i was expecting a delay but i was very surprised that there was actually no delay at all , i use the vodafone network in oz btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yep - clear, good quality call, good volume, no delay, far better than mobile or landline all right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

One of these might be useful if you're travelling around , it doesn't need a computer to operate and is wireless.

http://shop.skype.com/phones/netgear-wifi-phone.html

Haven't used one , but one thing to note that it may not deal with "login" screens you get with some wifi-hotspots.

If you have a few bob to spend (shouldn't be too expensive anyway ) , maybe buy an Access Point to give wireless if you are staying somewhere that just has ethernet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭horse7

is there a cheap way of ringing ireland landline from a cell phone in ozz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If you get the monthly caps you get a certain amount of International Dialing Minutus
    which allows you to ring ireland.

Since I never use up my cap within a month I find this pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

horse7 wrote: »

You can use a 3 phone with skype to call landlines & mobiles at home... http://www.three.com.au/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

The Nokia E-series are pretty good for skype.

What you do is go to www.fring.com and they will send the app to your phone install it and go to a wifi area...and voila, cheap calls home ! You can pick up a nokia e51 for about 150 AUD on ebay secondhand...it also doubles up as a 16gb mp3 player if you buy a 16gb mini sd.

I have to say my connections home on skype aren't as good as using my network (optus) but it I can live with that for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Straight Flush

horse7 wrote: »

Lebara Mobile charges AU$0.09/min + AU$0.15 connection charge for calls to Irish landlines.

Advertisement