Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ledley King Arrested

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hmmm stange not a Liverpool player so not posted within 5 mins of it been released to the press.
    :rolleyes: Paranoid much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Maybe no one is interested because it has nothing to do with football.

Celebrity & Showbiz could be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Maybe no one is interested because it has nothing to do with football.

Celebrity & Showbiz could be interested.

People seemed interested when it was gerrard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

In fairness, King isnt as high profile as Gerrard.
    This SHOULD be the end of kings spurs career though. What a clown to have gone drinking after the match then getting arrested. A big slap in the face to the fans who've helped pay his wages while he's been on the treatment table.

It doesnt appear that Gerrard did much wrong, while Kings video evidence would point to him being at fault.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

joe123 wrote: »
    People seemed interested when it was gerrard :rolleyes:
    Thats cos its Stevie "I don't dive" G, la! Ledley King is hardly as high profile as Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kippy wrote: »

It doesnt appear that Gerrard did much wrong, while Kings video evidence would point to him being at fault.

I don't know what video you saw mate, but I didn't see anything other than a pissed up player mouthing off outside a nightclub. The still photos show some form of scuffle, I'll await the outcome of any investigation before I reach for the pitchfork and burning torch.

FYI, King was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and bailed to appear at the police station at a later date. That's the same offence Gerrard was charged with, the charge was dropped when he appeared in court though I believe he still faces a charge of affray?

As a layman, from what I read of the CPS guidelines re. ABH, there is little to suggest from the appearance of the bouncer in question that he will face a court appearance on that charge, though he could well face the lesser charge of common assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The fact that they guy got himself in a position to be photographed in a pissed up scuffle outside a nightclub, would in my estimation make him look more at fault than anything that has come out about the Gerrard incident.......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

FYI, Keane was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and bailed to appear at the police station at a later date. That's the same offence Gerrard was charged with, the charge was dropped when he appeared in court though I believe he still faces a charge of affray?

Which Keane are you talking about here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kearnsr wrote: »
    Which Keane are you talking about here?

Keane? What Keane? I don't know what you're talking about...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8042312.stm

Hmmm stange not a Liverpool player so not posted within 5 mins of it been released to the press.
    It was posted in the spurs supporters forum.

He's human he's going to make mistakes he was just very lucky no one got hurt(not condoning actions) otherwise this would of been a totally different situation. Also this wont have much any effect on the title race and very little effect on the overall table(if he's distracted/unable to play) so no one's going to be too bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

so no one's going to be too bothered
    Ah but they should. He used to be able to fight twice a week... now, his knee swells up terribly after just a single punch. Terrible to see a good fighter not able to do what he loves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The bouncer was on sky news last night going on about the pain in his teeth and how he has to see a doctor. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

King is not Gerrard. Spurs are not Liverpool. That's why there is a difference of comment.
    The bouncer was on sky news last night going on how about the pain in his teeth and how he has to see a doctor. :rolleyes:

Love Sky :D

Advertisement