Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get a bike sprayed?

• 11-05-2009 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I want to get my F650 sprayed different colour. Can anybody tell me where I can get this done and how much it will cost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If its just a colour change and you can take the tank/panels off yourself, just ring around to various car bodyshops and ask if they have experience painting bikes. I haven't found a bike-specific spray shop apart from the few airbrush/custom places and these will be €€€€.

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

Depends on what you want done, you can generally get a basic bike paint job for about €300 but if you feel like getting a bit of artwork on it that can cost more (price depends on time taken).

Where abouts are you?

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭aidan13

Im in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

As ceptr said, try a few local car body shops and panelbeaters, I don't know any painters in Dublin, there's a couple I can recommend close (ish) in Dunboyne and Navan.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭aidan13

bladespin wrote: »
    As ceptr said, try a few local car body shops and panelbeaters, I don't know any painters in Dublin, there's a couple I can recommend close (ish) in Dunboyne and Navan.

Yeah, if you could give me a name and number for them that would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i was quoted 450euro here in waterford for a full fairing and tank respray and that price included the paint,,,,i taught it was a bit excessive as i can buy a new set of original fairing for 430 euro delivered in the door and just get the tank sprayed to suit,wouldnt mind i can spray meself but i dont have a compressor and spray gun and i dont tink some of the neighbours here would be happy about the fumes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i was quoted 450euro here in waterford for a full fairing and tank respray and that price included the paint,,,,i taught it was a bit excessive as i can buy a new set of original fairing for 430 euro delivered in the door and just get the tank sprayed to suit,wouldnt mind i can spray meself but i dont have a compressor and spray gun and i dont tink some of the neighbours here would be happy about the fumes :)

One of me mates is geting his bike sprayed for nothing. Some chap he knows is after getting all the proper stuff to spray the bikes and he just wants to spray me mates bike to check out the gear. ill let ya know what kinda job he does on it and ill get me mans number. fook it. he might do yours for nothing aswell .

sound seany boy,,,,if the mates chap needs more practise he has another set of doner plastics here not a bothers :) haha sound good to know,me head was half wrecked about sprayin the new 1 as i couldnt afford a spray job at the moment never mind spark plugs for it lol

sound seany boy,,,,if the mates chap needs more practise he has another set of doner plastics here not a bothers :) haha sound good to know,me head was half wrecked about sprayin the new 1 as i couldnt afford a spray job at the moment never mind spark plugs for it lol

jaysus no bothers at all boss. are you on MSN we kinda have a bit of a boards.ie MSN bike talk going on at the moment.

seanybiker wrote: »
    jaysus no bothers at all boss. are you on MSN we kinda have a bit of a boards.ie MSN bike talk going on at the moment.

yea i hav the aul msn boy,hw do i get into that ?

• Advertisement

yea i hav the aul msn boy,hw do i get into that ?
    seanmcdonagh_2@hotmail.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

As far as I remember the bike shop in Santry does re-sprays. cant remember the name.

Advertisement