Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding languages to website

Options
  • 11-05-2009 10:52am

I made a website for a friend using Site Studio and he wants me to make it so it can be viewed in another 3 languages. I have no experience when it comes to translating website's. I tried google translate by just linking the site through that in the languages but it does not translate the navigation menu.

Can anyone suggest what to do? I appreciate any help or advice given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Maybe the naviagtion menu is using images and not text, thus the translator does not pick them up.

Maybe the naviagtion menu is using images and not text, thus the translator does not pick them up.
    Thats probably why, here's a link anyway http://biggamefishingtenerife.com/Home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I think you'll need to get someone to actually translate the text of the site to start with.

p wrote: »
    I think you'll need to get someone to actually translate the text of the site to start with.
    So would i have to duplicate all the pages in to the appropriate languages?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It depends, is it static or database driven. If database driven then it just a matter of pulling the correct language.

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    It depends, is it static or database driven. If database driven then it just a matter of pulling the correct language.
    I think its static. Its register 365 Business Hosting - Unix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

How it hosted isn't going to make a lot of difference or give us much information, it depends on the structure of the site itself.

Sorry, its a static website.

Advertisement