Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games for a 4 year old

• 11-05-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Looking to get some games for the kids. the Vtech is grand but is not really challenging and wanted to move him up to the Xbox.

have Beautiful Katamari, and thats grand for him.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other simple(ish) games for the 360

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What does he like in cartoons etc etc?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman. My 6 and 3 year old love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

likes anything really.

have Lego batman but would think its a bit much for him. must try star wars or indy jones, which one is simpler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

That Avatar game.Its p*ss easy and he will get you 1000gamerscore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Kung Fu Panda and Cars..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Dead Space,
    Fear 2,
    Grand theft auto 4,

:pac:

in all seriousness tho id recommend viva pináta - heck id recommend viva pinata to anybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

OP, you should check out this website http://www.whattheyplay.com it's a game website aimed at parents who may not know what content is in a game they are buying for their child.

rizzla wrote: »
    OP, you should check out this website http://www.whattheyplay.com it's a game website aimed at parents who may not know what content is in a game they are buying for their child.

Thanks for that one.

Will try cars. He doesnt like GTA4 too many police chases and hookers ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not sure about viva pinata. I found it quite complex and stressful :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Viva pinata has stolen my girlfriend from me! And I want her back, I'm cold and there are wolves after me!

I think Lego Indy would be a bit much if Batman is, I find it infuriating. Viva Pinata is a great child friendly game but there is a lot of menus and buying and selling things he may not like.

Stick with the licenced stuff I'd say: Disney, Dreamworks cartoons etc... Maybe Guitar Hero would be good fun, he could have a bash, hard to know that young though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

guitar hero if his hands are big enough , and even you could play that too.

Edit most of them seem to be for 12+ when i checked so might not be suitable.

yeah he has a shot on the practice of guitar hero, but the guitar is a bit big for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Viva Pinata FTW!
    Or the Happy Feet game!
    Tonnes of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

yeah he has a shot on the practice of guitar hero, but the guitar is a bit big for him

Argos were doing the old wired guitar hero 2 guitars for €15 , they are a bit smaller than the latest one, but the bottons have close to the same spacing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Tweeter

My 5 year old is mad about the following games at the moment,

Monsters Vs Aliens
    Cars Mater National
    Madagascar 2
    Bolt
    Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal

can't go wrong with any of these for that age group,

regards,
    Tweeter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction.
    Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Peggle! Peggle!

Hang on, that might actually be considered drug dealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ismiseconor warned for trolling, please keep things civil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Games for a 4 year old?
    Might I suggest the following,

Tag,
    Kick the can,
    Football,
    Hide and seek.

All on the "get outdoors and stop staring at the TV" format!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Games for a 4 year old?
    Might I suggest the following,

Tag,
    Kick the can,
    Football,
    Hide and seek.

All on the "get outdoors and stop staring at the TV" format!

Hilarious.

I'd recommend Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭lgoring21

any of the lego series my son loves lego batman!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Books are good, board games are good, running about in the garden is a right laugh all really fun games, no batteries required and the old reading is a more useful tool to work on at 4 years old as opposed to encouraging them to 'move up to xbox'

I'd hope you've got email addresses and mobiles sorted too never is too soon :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭lgoring21

Books are good, board games are good, running about in the garden is a right laugh all really fun games, no batteries required and the old reading is a more useful tool to work on at 4 years old as opposed to encouraging them to 'move up to xbox'

I'd hope you've got email addresses and mobiles sorted too never is too soon :rolleyes:

the times are changing!!! get used to it!!!

lgoring21 wrote: »
    the times are changing!!! get used to it!!!

Nope !

I love me DS lite there is no way id give it up but games should just be for older kids :D

Books are good, board games are good,

Will those two also help fight off diabetes and puppy fat like running around a garden will?

amacachi wrote: »
    Will those two also help fight off diabetes and puppy fat like running around a garden will?

I dunno tbh but they'd have a better chance than an xbox anyway!

I dunno tbh but they'd have a better chance than an xbox anyway!

Have you got a link to any studies done on the subject or are you just making unfounded claims?

amacachi wrote: »
    Have you got a link to any studies done on the subject or are you just making unfounded claims?

They are totally without any backup whatsover I just think its mad to encourage a child of 4 to play an xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

likes anything really.

have Lego batman but would think its a bit much for him. must try star wars or indy jones, which one is simpler
    ok if lego batman is too much for him will you sell it to me or trade games for it? BTW the simpsons game is quite basic and good fun! i can trade dead rising collectors edition, frontlines fuel of war collectors edition or scene it game with four buzzer controllers very good party game BTW! but i would keep games simple for him or maybe you could try a snes or mega drive and give him the chance to appreciate everything we grew up with?:):)

• Advertisement

They are totally without any backup whatsover I just think its mad to encourage a child of 4 to play an xbox.

Yeah but coming onto a forum for the XBox and saying that is basically trolling, or certainly a topic for discussion elsewhere so I won't bother arguing further with you. :P

Advertisement