Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The internet has changed

Options
  • 11-05-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

The "Telecomms Package", recently before the EU Parliament, was a sneaky attempt to introduce "3 strikes",various blacklisting methodologies and deep packet inspection of all communications was half defeated.
    The "3 strikes" was disallowed, however traffic management and splitting the internet into separate networks (think Sky TV) were passed.

This will fundamentally change the way you perceive the internet.

Results of the voting by different criteria.

Only Kathy Sinnott voted to protect the citizens of EU/Ireland.
    All the rest voted to limit your freedom on the internet.

Here are their records on the voting:

http://www.laquadrature.net/wiki/Tel...2nd_reading_IE

How you reward them for protecting your rights,in the forthcoming elections, is obviously your decision. However I think they should all be thrown out:-)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

When these partys call door to door it might be worth having this information available to show them and make it clear why you won't support them.

My guess is they perhaps did not fully understand what they were voting for,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Cabaal wrote: »
    When these partys call door to door it might be worth having this information available to show them and make it clear why you won't support them.

of course they didn't, they all voted with their voting block, they don't us their own judgement on these things, they have lobbiests to tell them what to think for them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I see that Mairéad Mcguinness was not as dismal and as unprincipled as the other Blueshirts but I expected more of Jim Higgins who is simply a DISGRACE for that voting record.

I expected no less of Gay Mitchell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Cabaal wrote: »

http://www.candidatewatch.ie

Let them know what you think:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I see that Mairéad Mcguinness was not as dismal and as unprincipled as the other Blueshirts but I expected more of Jim Higgins who is simply a DISGRACE for that voting record.

I expected no less of Gay Mitchell :(

What's worse is most of the blueshirts didn't bother their asses to respond to all emails and phone calls. What a useless shower of wasters.

Kathy Sinnott responded to me as well as did most of the FF MEPs.
    PdeRossa also and Mary Lou McDonald (who apologised that she wouldn't be there)

Really they are a disgrace and we need new voices, ones in touch with reality and the needs of Irish people.

I'm utterly disgusted with the EP(eoples)P (FG) mob, how can they even contemplate such a name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

The "Telecomms Package", recently before the EU Parliament, was a sneaky attempt to introduce "3 strikes",various blacklisting methodologies and deep packet inspection of all communications was half defeated.
    The "3 strikes" was disallowed, however traffic management and splitting the internet into separate networks (think Sky TV) were passed.

This will fundamentally change the way you perceive the internet.

Results of the voting by different criteria.

Only Kathy Sinnott voted to protect the citizens of EU/Ireland.
    All the rest voted to limit your freedom on the internet.

Here are their records on the voting:

http://www.laquadrature.net/wiki/Tel...2nd_reading_IE

How you reward them for protecting your rights,in the forthcoming elections, is obviously your decision. However I think they should all be thrown out:-)

Hi, can you expand on all this a little more? I'm getting very conflicted information from all over the place. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

I don't understand how to interpret that wiki.

Advertisement