Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2010 Screen Shot released today (1pm)

Options
  • 11-05-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭

WENB (http://winningelevenblog.com/) will release the first proper PES2010 screenshot today, at 1pm.

It is an exclusive for WENB (though not for long). Apparently, it proves the Messi pic in the PES2010 announcements is NOT a render, and the in game screen shot is actually better looking, which bodes well. Obvioulsy people will say that it could be a touched up in-game shot, but from what they are saying on WENB it is 100% legit in game.

under 2 hours to go and we'll see how PES2010 is starting to shape up.

There will also be a short press release which states that there will be more news forth coming in the next few weeks, and the vibe on WENB is that PES2010 will firmly be taking centre stage very soon.

Also, talk about an early release (September) for PES refuses to go away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

they can render screens all they like, its not the visuals that have let PES down in recent years, its the gameplay.

Until I see a marked improvement this year won't be going near it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

absolutely beautiful

attachment.php?thumb=0&attachmentid=4026&d=1242043377

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

or in full size
    PES2010_Messi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

they can render screens all they like, its not the visuals that have let PES down in recent years, its the gameplay.

Until I see a marked improvement this year won't be going near it for a while.
    the guys on WENB have said this is 100% in game, not touched up.

Overall I am very impressed, though i think the hair looks a little textureless and the ears are odd as well. In general though, it looks great and the skin texture/lighting is amazing.

I reckon we could see an improvement in the texture and colour of the jersey too, as that is this/last seasons Barca top and I doubt Konami would have put much effort into jerseys that won't be used in PES2010

Messi 2009 vs 2010.

t_09to10m_ec8f34f.jpg
    The difference is incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I see they've still stuck with a dodgily low amount of pixels for the club emblem though, especially compared to the new shinier looking player model. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Anyone know roughly when demo will be out!? August?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I dont care what it looks like to be honest.

This game was built on one thing and one thing only - superior gameplay.

No one cared about the faces, the boots, the crappy licences...

Gameplay was the trump card for Konami - and if they don't drastically improve it I, and many others, wont be buying it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Keyzer wrote: »

Gameplay was the trump card for Konami - and if they don't drastically improve it I, and many others, wont be buying it...

That my friend was the sole reason I opted for Fifa 09 this year for the first time ever (first fifa game I've ever bought). If Konami improve and get back to where they were a few years back, I'll seriously look back into returning home! :)

To me, the massive improvement in graphics indicates how hard Konami are working to get the game right this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

To me, the massive improvement in graphics indicates how hard Konami are working to get the game right this time.

only problem i have with statement is that years ago when fifa looked prettier than PES no once cared coz PES had better gameplay .

if konami really want to impress me this year they have a long way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Online play is the only reason i changed, Still thought the gameplay was better in Pro Evo based on the demos

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Online play is the only reason i changed, Still thought the gameplay was better in Pro Evo based on the demos

I find FIFA just as irritating online, though only really played the Be A Pro mode online. The framerate is fine, and there is little to no lag, but I found there was a horrible lag between pressing a pass/shoot/tackle button that made it very hard to play. May have been improved, haven't played it in a few months.

only problem i have with statement is that years ago when fifa looked prettier than PES no once cared coz PES had better gameplay .

if konami really want to impress me this year they have a long way to go

I know what you are saying, Pro has always been about the gameplay. What I mean is the massive increase in graphics means, hopefully, that they are putting a lot more effort in to this years version. With 200 staff on board as opposed to 20 or something for the last game they certainly have the resources to deliver this year.

Also, the graphics show that in that department Konami hadn't got even close to the limitations of the engine with 2009; it could be the same with other, more important portions of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭coopersgreen

I absolutely hate PES 2009, it's beyond awful.

FIFA09 kicks its arse all over the place and FIFA09 is the first FIFA game I've ever bought.

I hope the new PES is worth it but they've got a lot of ground to make up, particularly in the online play which is great fun and easy as pie in FIFA.

dar83 wrote: »
    I see they've still stuck with a dodgily low amount of pixels for the club emblem though, especially compared to the new shinier looking player model. :(

Konami have confirmed that the crest is a placeholder taken from 2009, and that numbers, crests and sponsors are the last thing that will be worked on for the game - the crests in 2010 will, thankfully, be higher resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

anyonw know if the team names and stadiums will actually be in it this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

All i care about is that xbox live will be good this year..

Heres hoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Penguinssmell

Pro Evo has A LOT to improve on last year to get close to being buyable...

Online is a joke and not worth even contemplating playing
    The players look like wrestlers all bulky
    The gameplay is limited in its passing, through balls, direction and control
    Keepers are idiots
    Thought the layout was pretty terrible this year, tryin to be real cool or something
    The become a legend mode is soooooooooo slow and boring, its not worth playing really.

I'm not saying fifa doesnt have its faults, but its a pretty good game this year and pro has a lot of work to do. I'm both hopeful and skeptical for '10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

I would like to see players more flexible and move more freely like for example if you play a through ball and its fast enough the defender will try slide to intercept it but depending on the timing and player stats he may miss the ball.
    For an example of this goal see Crespos goal and Kakas through ball in Champions League final when Liverpool won it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I would like to see players more flexible and move more freely like for example if you play a through ball and its fast enough the defender will try slide to intercept it but depending on the timing and player stats he may miss the ball.
    For an example of this goal see Crespos goal and Kakas through ball in Champions League final when Liverpool won it.

they have incorporated that into fifa '10 this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

i just dont like fifa, i prefer the pes 'look'

Hype for PES2010 starting to get to me. MoCap being fully used in the game and FSB "Fifa Fanboi" Suff is very impressed with PES2010 (the legend is returning! :D)

PSM3 have a feature on PES in their mag out July 9th - can't wait to see what they say. I'm really hoping that PES2010 will be a return to form.

Indications are that online will be fine this time too (with more than just friendlies as well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'm noticing in the picture of Fernando Torres that there does not seem to be any gravitational fall with the ends of the shorts or sleeves. I hope this will be fixed as it's minor detail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Keyzer wrote: »

Not much to add on to this. Still think some of the old games are the best - picked up Pro Evo 6 for €4 the other day...because I didn't have it for my XBox (owned it for PS2 though). And one of my favourite games was (and if my PC wasn't too quick for it still would be) the Original Sensible Soccer (which strangely DID have licences...or at least used all the right names :D)

🤪

Advertisement