Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mantra Nightclub Maynooth.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

There's no way students will pay €30 entry fee no matter how fancy it is inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

From the official Facebook:

"There are many rumours circulating that entry to Mantra will be €30+. Don’t worry! This is nonsense obviously. To clarify the offering that is Mantra... the Garden Bar is located on the 1st floor and that is FREE - yes FREE - in before 11.30pm 7-days a week. Cover charge to the Garden Bar (still to be determined) will only apply after 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

10 in friday
    12 in saturday.

had a look in yesterday.have no idea how they intend opening tomorrow.therell be lads workin through the night and all day tomorrow by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'll be getting there early then, cover charge... they can **** right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

mp3guy wrote: »
    From the official Facebook:

"There are many rumours circulating that entry to Mantra will be €30+. Don’t worry! This is nonsense obviously. To clarify the offering that is Mantra... the Garden Bar is located on the 1st floor and that is FREE - yes FREE - in before 11.30pm 7-days a week. Cover charge to the Garden Bar (still to be determined) will only apply after 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights."

Says nothing about the opening night though.

Also from the official Facebook
    Tickets for a regular Friday and Saturday night will be €10/12 in MANTRA. We are reviewing prices for the opening weekend and will reveal them shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

I heard you have to be 23 or older to go in during the weekend, is this true?

Would be pretty stupid for a nightclub in a university town.

If you think it's stupid, it probably is, and subsequently probably untrue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I don't think it's as high as 23 but I have heard a figure for 21.
    From what I've been hearing, people are kind of divided as to how successful they think it'll be. I'd say it'll be packed with first years (who'll never have heard of the LA *tear*) come September and will have no problem paying in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

it'll be packed the first few weeks no matter what, might even draw some of the "time" crowd from naas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I don't think it's as high as 23 but I have heard a figure for 21.
    From what I've been hearing, people are kind of divided as to how successful they think it'll be. I'd say it'll be packed with first years (who'll never have heard of the LA *tear*) come September and will have no problem paying in.

First years are what, 17/18/19 on average, the club is over 21's, no first years will be in it.

I'd say it will do crap, cover charge and over 21's, LOL.

• Advertisement

Was talking to some staff there today.

They're gonna be strict on the over 21's rule until September, then they'll lift it when students come back.

It's €12 in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mrs Leigh

Hi Guys I know its not what you have been talking about here but I was at the opening of Mantra last night and was shocked at the way I was treated I only had two drinks down stairs We went to go up stairs when we went there it was crowded so we waitted after a while with my husband we got to the door and this tall girl in a black dress looked me up and down with a sneer ie Im to fat in her mind to go up stairs and told me in her words that I was to drunk to go up the head of security seen the look she gave me and heard what she said and told her he was the f**king head of security and I was not drunk that he made the decision not her I was so angery and so hurt everyone seen and heard her I went up stairs and the music and lights died five times that we drank my third drink and left on going down stairs I met the manager and explained how I felt about what happen earlier he was going mad he wants me to go to them and have a free meal on them but that not what I want I want her to be sorry for what she did to me.
    My question to you guys is what would you do if you were me my husband wants me to go to the papers also last night a lot off people were told the couldnt get in cause the were to old now I did hear that myself Im not making it up let me know any way what you think cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Mrs Leigh wrote: »
    Hi Guys I know its not what you have been talking about here but I was at the opening of Mantra last night and was shocked at the way I was treated I only had two drinks down stairs We went to go up stairs when we went there it was crowded so we waitted after a while with my husband we got to the door and this tall girl in a black dress looked me up and down with a sneer ie Im to fat in her mind to go up stairs and told me in her words that I was to drunk to go up the head of security seen the look she gave me and heard what she said and told her he was the f**king head of security and I was not drunk that he made the decision not her I was so angery and so hurt everyone seen and heard her I went up stairs and the music and lights died five times that we drank my third drink and left on going down stairs I met the manager and explained how I felt about what happen earlier he was going mad he wants me to go to them and have a free meal on them but that not what I want I want her to be sorry for what she did to me.
    My question to you guys is what would you do if you were me my husband wants me to go to the papers also last night a lot off people were told the couldnt get in cause the were to old now I did hear that myself Im not making it up let me know any way what you think cheers

Comprends pas

• Registered Users Posts: 18 WhenISingAlong

Punctuation is your friend.

Punctuation is your friend.

Hes not my friend[ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

one girl had a power trip and was given out to by others. there is nothing to go to the papers about. Take the free meal, believe me, the management will make a point of it to the woman in question. She will be disciplined about the incident in question then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jane says

Trying something Joycean here huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

zuroph wrote: »
    one girl had a power trip and was given out to by others. there is nothing to go to the papers about. Take the free meal, believe me, the management will make a point of it to the woman in question. She will be disciplined about the incident in question then.

Errr disciplined for what. Being of the opinion that the lady was drunk. Read the post as best I could bearing in mind the lack of punctuation, She has her own opinion of why she was refused. Doesn't mean it has any basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr Martin

Errr disciplined for what. Being of the opinion that the lady was drunk. Read the post as best I could bearing in mind the lack of punctuation, She has her own opinion of why she was refused. Doesn't mean it has any basis.

From what I read of it she wasnt let in because she was too fat, now aside from if it was a health and safety issue (blocking fire exits etc) I'm pretty sure that qualify's as discrimination, and she would be entitled too sue.

But i'd imagine its a bit of a drastic route to go down, take the free meal OP (sounds like you'd enjoy it anyway teehee).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Off to PI with you! Or Ranting and Raving. I want proper dirt and celebrity gossip from the opening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Looks like they're deleting comments from the facebook page, must have been a bad night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Any photos from inside floating about? Anyone there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Any photos from inside floating about? Anyone there?

Came up on my facebook that a few of my friends had been tagged while at Mantra so I had a look at them but there is all these people where in the way and I cant see anything :rolleyes:

Some had taken a photo of the queue and it reminded me of the queue for the LA on a Monday night during Rag week when I was in first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

I went through from Lucan on Friday night to give Mantra a try and it was well worth the visit. Forget everything you ever knew about the old LA this place is on a different planet.

Due to the queues i had a few beers in O'Neills first then headed into Mantra around 00.45. It was free entry, the bars handy enough to get served in and a pleasant experience. The decor is as good as i have seen in Ireland and the atmosphere was great. My only problem was the heat but i have been told the air conditioning has still to be commisioned.

I stayed in Maynooth overnight and had a few drinks in the bar on Saturday afternoon. Again i was impressed. We sat is the gardens and it was enjoyable. I am not a smoker but the garden where comfortable enough. Most the mates smoke so this was a plus for them.

Well worth a try folks. I will be back for sure.

I dont think students are the target crowd to be honest. Forget the old LA drunks tag. Not a fecking hope of that crowd being catered for.

Getting home could be an issue with so many folks coming in to such a small town. Rumours are they are going to run busses from local towns to ease the strain. I did spot around 4 coaches parked at the college entrance with plenty of folks boarding them around 3am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jane says

davrho wrote: »
    I went through from Lucan on Friday night to give Mantra a try and it was well worth the visit. Forget everything you ever knew about the old LA this place is on a different planet.

Due to the queues i had a few beers in O'Neills first then headed into Mantra around 00.45. It was free entry, the bars handy enough to get served in and a pleasant experience. The decor is as good as i have seen in Ireland and the atmosphere was great. My only problem was the heat but i have been told the air conditioning has still to be commisioned.

I stayed in Maynooth overnight and had a few drinks in the bar on Saturday afternoon. Again i was impressed. We sat is the gardens and it was enjoyable. I am not a smoker but the garden where comfortable enough. Most the mates smoke so this was a plus for them.

I dont think students are the target crowd to be honest. Forget the old LA drunks tag. Not a fecking hope of that crowd being catered for.

Getting home could be an issue with so many folks coming in to such a small town. Rumours are they are going to run busses from local towns to ease the strain. I did spot around 4 coaches parked at the college entrance with plenty of folks boarding them around 3am.

Top quality first post.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Here Here.

Personally I can't remember the last time i've gone to a fine establishment and just felt the urge to put up a post on boards saying how outstanding it was.

Well done sir.

davrho wrote: »

I still think NAMA will end up owning it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Fr Martin wrote: »
    From what I read of it she wasnt let in because she was too fat, now aside from if it was a health and safety issue (blocking fire exits etc) I'm pretty sure that qualify's as discrimination, and she would be entitled too sue.

But i'd imagine its a bit of a drastic route to go down, take the free meal OP (sounds like you'd enjoy it anyway teehee).

She said it with her eyes apperently. The girl who was refused formed the opinion that she was refused because she was fat. No none actually said that was the reason except her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Was it really over 21s?

I imagine it was 21+ if you were wearing a pair of trousers, amirite!?

Advertisement