Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place to buy slr

• 11-05-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Looked around at posts etc and can't find anything to say where is the best place to buy camera and lenses e.g. d60. Is buying off amazon etc a good bet or should we stick with brick shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It depends.

Do you need to talk to a sales person before buying and have access to after sales service? Then buy in a B&M store and pay the extra.

If you don't, then buy online. Stick to the reputable sites though and also, cheapest does not always mean best, there's some sites that have really cheap prices but you'll never get your product :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There are lots of threads on this subject if you have a look. None give just one answer.

It all depends on what you expect & what you are looking for.

I cannot really advise a good Bricks & Mortar shop which is close to "Drivers Seat" but if you are in Dublin I would suggest going to Gunn's in Wexford Street. They give excellent service & back up.

Online you have to be aware of VAT etc. if you buy from a supplier outside Europe. On past posts it seems that a lot of people get a bill to pay it, so best to calculate it into the price.

Many people look at Jessops & Calumet for gear, this can be online or by taking a trip up north. Amazon is now supplying to Ireland, but this is only recent so not heard many experiences with them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thanks, I came across threads regarding suppliers but none seem to give an overall view. Don't need to talk to someone as use a d60 at work and friends into photography both highly dedicated amateur and professional so cheap. Amazon looks best as I am in Cork so North is a long way, seems I could get a D60 with VR kit lens from amazon delivered for 420 euro. Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I got my D40 on amazon, was handy as I got a lowepro bag which is a perfect fit, and a high speed memory card too. They were all reccommended items when I was getting the camera.

Advertisement