Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Richly Hawtin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Fuc*s sake that really is sad indeed :confused: mind you some of the Techno geeks who worship the ground he walks on will love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

As if twitter wasnt gay enough.................

His back catalogue is unreal and so are his sets......but he's lost the underground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

nothing but hate on the resident advisor forum

http://www.residentadvisor.net/forum-read.aspx?id=64873&page=1

minus has become a joke in the last year aswell, every new release has been a load of sh1te, they just know it will sell because "minus" is the hip and cool label, or so they would lead you to believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i dunno, i find harmony within the sensitive balance of strong line management and muted colour arrangements.

i'm pretty sure that's not just me either

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Im sure plenty of hipsters will support this ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Yet more evidence that taking heaps of Ketamine will make you lose the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

i dunno, i find harmony within the sensitive balance of strong line management and muted colour arrangements.

:D

I noticed in the RA forum that someone mentioned that Jeff Mills did 'high price clothing'.

Anyone remember this? I dont

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Yet more evidence that taking heaps of Ketamine will make you lose the plot.

haha too true :D

As regards fashion in dance music, well ever since i started out in the scene ive always liked it, in 1990 i wore 25 inch flares an hoody tops (The Madchester look) and i loved that look and would love to see it being resurrected, then from about late 1991 to 1994 i could be seen in labels like Gio Goi (yes they started all those years ago,folded an came back very successfully) Chipie, Fila Trailblazers, Dossee Possee, Michiko Koshino MA2 Bomber jackets (i also had a Fantazia bomber jacket),John Richmond Destroy amongst various other clothing,mid to late 1990's Schott bomber jackets were platinum in Dublin,anyone who was seriously into the scene had one, surely people who were around then must remember them, they were so popular that you used to get thieving cun*s actually ripping off the the Schott badge on the jacket which wasn't stitched on and stitching them onto normal cheap bomber jackets, you used to see lads walking around with a Schott jacket minus the badge, i made sure i got mine sewn on:D i also went through a bit of a phase wearing shiny black trousers and designer tops and black boots and Kangol berets around 1996 and going to the POD :o although that didn't last long.

Generally im into street wear, some might be designer some not, im loving the Counter Propaganda stuff about but asides from BT2 who have a small selection i don't know of many places that sell it, urban street wear at it's best, still have a few Gio Goi t-shirts, im getting this cracker soon as well.;)

http://www.john-anthony.com/brands/gio-goi/t-shirts/43696.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the above post is the funniest thing I've read in a long long time!

jtsuited wrote: »
    the above post is the funniest thing I've read in a long long time!

Did you ever have the contact lenses that change your eye colour johnny? Or alternatively have smiley faces on em? I hope they come back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭tattoo man

just more muck from hawtin,hes starting to get yawn yawn boring now at this stage..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

jonny68 wrote: »
    As regards fashion in dance music, well ever since i started out in the scene ive always liked it, in 1990 i wore 25 inch flares an hoody tops (The Madchester look) and i loved that look and would love to see it being resurrected, then from about late 1991 to 1994 i could be seen in labels like Gio Goi (yes they started all those years ago,folded an came back very successfully) Chipie, Fila Trailblazers, Dossee Possee, Michiko Koshino MA2 Bomber jackets (i also had a Fantazia bomber jacket),John Richmond Destroy amongst various other clothing,mid to late 1990's Schott bomber jackets were platinum in Dublin,anyone who was seriously into the scene had one, surely people who were around then must remember them, they were so popular that you used to get thieving cun*s actually ripping off the the Schott badge on the jacket which wasn't stitched on and stitching them onto normal cheap bomber jackets, you used to see lads walking around with a Schott jacket minus the badge, i made sure i got mine sewn on:D i also went through a bit of a phase wearing shiny black trousers and designer tops and black boots and Kangol berets around 1996 and going to the POD :o although that didn't last long.

Generally im into street wear, some might be designer some not, im loving the Counter Propaganda stuff about but asides from BT2 who have a small selection i don't know of many places that sell it, urban street wear at it's best, still have a few Gio Goi t-shirts, im getting this cracker soon as well.;)

Yeah, always used to look at Naphta's limited edition Deejay Recordings bomber jacket with great envy!

Bit of a scenester of your day then?

The early 90s version of those drainpipe jean, tartan shirt, sneaker wearing folk?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hawtin is trying to be like fukin Puff Daddy! I wonder if he will bring out his own aftershave?

"Guaranteed to make you smell less like a rapist after you've done 7 pills and 2g's of K"

Zascar wrote: »
    Hawtin is trying to be like fukin Puff Daddy! I wonder if he will bring out his own aftershave?

"Guaranteed to make you smell less like a rapist after you've done 7 pills and 2g's of K"

Is Hawtin notorious for ketamine use? I know little about the chap. Seems more like a fella who'd like his GHB :)

If the rest of the minus boys are anything to compare with he will be a rampant coke fiend. That sure would explain alot also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

someone mentioned that Jeff Mills did 'high price clothing'.

Yeah, I bought a pair of his The Bells-bottoms.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Advertisement

SteveDon wrote: »
    If the rest of the minus boys are anything to compare with he will be a rampant coke fiend. That sure would explain alot also....

Any evidence Steve?

Just from what ive seen backstage at solas last year, and what i heard from sibhin this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

SteveDon wrote: »
    Just from what ive seen backstage at solas last year, and what i heard from sibhin this year...

Gaisers an out and out stoner, dunno what was going on at Solas in fairness, sounded like a terrible festival....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Gaisers an out and out stoner, dunno what was going on at Solas in fairness, sounded like a terrible festival....
    Seemed to have been the rain which ruined Solas. Otherwise, im sure it would have been on par with the likes of Mantua or the like.

Was Sibin any good do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Richie Hawtin is not just a minimal master in music, but is one of the minimal gurus of the minimal lifestyle.

I don't live the minimal lifestyle myself, But the same goes for any style out there,

name a band without a tshirt,

name a pop star without a perfume named after em,

yada yada yada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Was Sibin any good do you know?

Aye, twas a good day out in all, seemed to be bigger then last years, lots more international acts and good vibes all round.....

I for one enjoyed myself, small intimate festival....

Advertisement