Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone simcard trouble.....

• 11-05-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I lost my phone (and simcard) a few days ago, I went into the vodafone shop and got a new simcard with my same number, the problem I am having is that when anyone calls me there number does not show up! even if the number sending is on it still comes up as 'CALL' on my phone, anyone got any info on how to fix this problem??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

What type of phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

What type of phone is it?

It's one of my old Nokia's (not sure the name of the phone it's that old) but I have tried the simcard on 3 other phones and it does the same thing so I think it must be the simcard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

It's one of my old Nokia's (not sure the name of the phone it's that old) but I have tried the simcard on 3 other phones and it does the same thing so I think it must be the simcard?

Did you call Vodafone customer care and block your mobile number before you went into the Vodafoe store by any chance? What happens when a number is barred by Vodafone, and most likely with the other networks, is that all services are removed, including caller display; which appears to be what most likely happened in your case.

What I recommend you do is call Vodafone customer care and advise them that when someone calls your number, you are unable to see theirs. They should be able to resolve your issue straight away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Did you call Vodafone customer care and block your mobile number before you went into the Vodafoe store by any chance? What happens when a number is barred by Vodafone, and most likely with the other networks, is that all services are removed, including caller display; which appears to be what most likely happened in your case.

What I recommend you do is call Vodafone customer care and advise them that when someone calls your number, you are unable to see theirs. They should be able to resolve your issue straight away.

Sounds right. I ported over to VF on Friday, and called into CPW today. No numbers or names were showing up, and they told me it was normal when you have been ported over. Probably something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

This is very common with vodafone and one phone call should sort it

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »

Think that could be it. I will ring them tomorrow, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I'll only take 2 mins to rectify it, a quick bell to vodafone to say that your caller display isn't working and they'll have it rectified.. they are open 08.00-22.00 each nite(if you're prepay or 24hours a day if you're bill pay)

Rang vodafone today and they sorted it. Thanks for the help all.

Advertisement