Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Hotel

Options
  • 11-05-2009 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,

I want to treat my boyfriend to a nice hotel in kilkenny this weekend, somewer that has a good late bar! and good food, i was looking at hotel kilkenny, the ormonde and the pembroke, these would be my favourites, can anyone recommend a nice one for me? or any other one?
    And also good bars to go to, not with hens and stags! We are in our 30's.

Thanks a million.

Lizzy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 spezi

it depends on how you want to spend the weekend.
    hotel kilkenny is a bit further from the centre, -at the same time it has the nicest pool/spa area of all of them. you will have to take a taxi though when you go out in the evening.
    Ormonde has a spa and pool and is in the very city centre- just a mins walk from good enough pubs (morisseys, left bank) and restaurants (cafe sol, fleva, ripley's) a good one too would be kilkenny rivercourt hotel (pool, nice beer garden at the river and matt the millers just accross the street for late bar-( with slight risk of encountering a hen party...) or last but not least Langtons- hotel, restaurant, late bar and night club all in one. If you're in your 30s you will like the front bar there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I'd vote for the Ormonde, purely for its location. Might be worth checking out the Rivercourt Hotel too.

Left Bank, Langtons, Kytlers, Playwright (known as Maggies locally) are all good pubs to head to.

Some good places to head for dinner...Fleva, Lautrecs, La Rivista, Ristorante Rinuccini and if you are flush with cash, Campagne.

There's a full list of pubs & restaurants here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055510404

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Stayed in the River Court Hotel in Kilkenny a few weeks back. No complaints at all. Food very good and central to all the sights. Staff very helpful. That gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I vote for the River Court Hotel too. Fabulous place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

Kilford for whole package including a late drink for residents :) or Hibernian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I believe the following cited criteria rule out The Kilford entirely:

1) a nice hotel
    2) a good late bar
    3) good food,
    4) not with hens and stags!

Kilford ticks all the wrong boxes here imh. Go to the river court, it's lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lizzyloo

Thanks everyone for replying!

Ended up staying in the Ormonde, excellent, great location and very clean spacious hotel with nice resturant.
    Went to most bars, it was lashing room so we were running from pub to pub! Friday night was quiet enough around but saturday was mental!
    Load of hens around! Went to bar bside the club 51 (i tink its called) Massive place like a church inside! Thought it was brill, played really good music, left bank good and morriseys, had a great time except for the weather!

Thanks again!

Advertisement