Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless door/window alarms, where?

Options
  • 11-05-2009 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

I want to get a few of those small wireless, battery powered alarm units that you can simply attach to windows or doors. The ones you can simply switch on and off and that siren when the contact is broken.

Anyone know where you can get them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

The Euroshop do a three pack for 2 euro, they had them in Nutgrove in Dublin last time I checked.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They really are a waste of time & money . They can be disabled in a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

I want to get a few of those small wireless, battery powered alarm units that you can simply attach to windows or doors. The ones you can simply switch on and off and that siren when the contact is broken.

Anyone know where you can get them?

Thanks.

as someone else said, the euro2 shop has them. 3 for €2. I have them and its not worth getting them. i think an alarm system like HKC ect.. as better. hope this helps.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your best bet Stevie is do the job right. Whats on sale in shops like those do not have to conform to any standards.
    After all you are looking to protect your home & family , isn't it worth doing right.
    You can find all the licenced installer for your area here
    If your in or around Dublin send me a PM. I would be happy to show you whats available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Tim M-U wrote: »
    as someone else said, the euro2 shop has them. 3 for €2. I have them and its not worth getting them. i think an alarm system like HKC ect.. as better. hope this helps.

:D good advice from tim :D
    your giving advice on alarms to everyone you can and thats how you protect your own house tim :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Thanks guys. Our house has a proper alarm with contacts on all the windows and doors. I was thinking of these things as a secondary line of defence, but after thinking about it they seem pointless, if any gets past the main alarm they are going to keep coming.

Thanks for the advice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks guys. Our house has a proper alarm with contacts on all the windows and doors. I was thinking of these things as a secondary line of defence, but after thinking about it they seem pointless, if any gets past the main alarm they are going to keep coming.

Thanks for the advice though.

Hi stevie,
    you could always upgrade your old alarm panel to a new one depending on if it could be brought up to EN50131 standard. this would give you more options than the older panels used..

Advertisement