Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find a three number?

• 11-05-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

I bought one of those skype phones from a guy off the net a few days ago, I have the phone and it seems to be working fine but the only thing is I don't know what the number of the phone is, there is a '3' sim card in the phone but I have no idea what the phone number is, is there anyway of finding out? PS, there is no money on the sim card and I cant top it up unless I know the number??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you can call 3 and give them the sim number it's printed on the back of the sim, it will start with 89353XXXXXXX , if the sim is registered to someone else they will not help you.

if it's a used sim you might be better off get a new 3 sim, you get €5 on it, €5 if you port your number to 3 and €10 per month for 7 mts if you top up by €10pm...a new sim is €10, you can pick them up in any 3 outlet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

you can call 3 and give them the sim number it's printed on the back of the sim, it will start with 89353XXXXXXX , if the sim is registered to someone else they will not help you.

if it's a used sim you might be better off get a new 3 sim, you get €5 on it, €5 if you port your number to 3 and €10 per month for 7 mts if you top up by €10pm...a new sim is €10, you can pick them up in any 3 outlet..

Might just get a new sim then, thanks for the info, just want it for the skype but we will see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

PS, there is no money on the sim card and I cant top it up unless I know the number??

Yes you can. Just buy a top up, call 1744 and enter the number. But as drunkmonkey says you'd probably be better off getting a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Might just get a new sim then, thanks for the info, just want it for the skype but we will see how it goes.

Just be aware sim cards no longer come with any credit. You still get the 10 free pm provided you top up by 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Walkman wrote: »
    Just be aware sim cards no longer come with any credit. You still get the 10 free pm provided you top up by 10

I must have missed that email:o, you still get €5 on a sim when you buy a new phone??

• Advertisement

I must have missed that email:o, you still get €5 on a sim when you buy a new phone??

Correct DM. If you buy a phone you get the 5 on the sim. If you buy a sim only there is no credit on it (if you port you also get the 5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Could the op not just call 1913 and ask them what number he is calling from?

Random wrote: »
    Could the op not just call 1913 and ask them what number he is calling from?

Not if the sim card is registered. First thing they will do is verify the account. If its not registered they will ask some questions like when the card was last topped up and by how much. Either way if the op cannot answer some questions relating to the account they will give no information as per data protection. 3 are extremly strict on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Most if not all SIMS have an own number or my number function, it's usually in the phonebook menu. Will be wrong if the number was ported though.

Advertisement