Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beach pictures, C&C please!

• 11-05-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

60147B3644F244C58B6D953332EC57E2.jpg

A010CF1B4DFA43DE858049E113CA4DCF.jpg

A7F35FB6B8A14367A477506D24364954.jpg

FA90DBA2EB66405183B39524C806696D.jpg

1680DDA6C66046D7AFFA40C109875595.jpg

8363DC46C220423A9B743FF4964FCE71.jpg

Any ideas for what PP I should have done? Other than resizing and adding the border, I didn't do anything to them, from not knowing what to do.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I really like the last two. Im no expert but id add a bit more contrast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I really like the last two. Im no expert but id add a bit more contrast

Just did to no2 and it instantly looked a lot better, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Look into getting a circular polarising filter.
    They're fairly cheap and would greatly improve those shots.

City-Exile wrote: »
    Look into getting a circular polarising filter.
    They're fairly cheap and would greatly improve those shots.

I had a polarizing filter on when I was taking them. I'm assuming it's not circular though, I had to twist it after focusing to get the colours looking better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

First and last are the best: all the others could benefit from some PP to remove the hazing effect of the sun. Good set

• Advertisement

http://pix.ie/darkenrahl/album/342425

^ I've uploaded them again into a new album, with higher contrast on each one. I think it gets rid of the hazyness from the sun a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

most of your shots are either directly into the sun or have the sun placed very near to the edge of the shot. The Circular Polarisor will have minimum effect in these situations. For maximum effect from a CP filter you should be at 90 degrees to the sun i.e. the sun should be at your side ir slightly behind you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

The first 5 do nothing at all for me. They've been done a million times before and are instantly forgettable. Number 6, however, is a different story. I really like it, especially in the version with the tweaked contrast. The sky could definitely do with a little more recovery, but overall it's very, very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

The first 5 do nothing at all for me. They've been done a million times before and are instantly forgettable.

That's pretty harsh: they're mostly technically good photos that could be made great with a bit of processing. They need a little tweaking but certainly not instantly forgettable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

They are to me. Number 6 is in a different class to the rest, and as he's looking for C&C, I'm just saying that's the one he should be most proud of.

• Advertisement

I'm glad for Clicky's harsh(ish) reply - I'll know what to look out for more when I'm next out.

I'll have more of a go at PPing them over the weekend and see if I can get something great out of them, do a few photoshop tutorials or something.

Thanks for all the replies

Advertisement