Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a soft/foam surfboard

Options
  • 11-05-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Anyone here got an advice on where to buy a foamie.
    I've seen them online at portwest - but the design looks quite narrow, and also on ebay from the uk, but pricey when you include delivery costs.

Anyone know where to get one - do the surf shops stock them?

Before anyone goes recommending not to get one, there's a specific reason. Its for someone who already has a 7'3 mini-mal, but is finding it dificult to use, and doesn't get out too often. So looking to get a foamie to use until they are more comfortable with it & then progress to their own board.

Will also be useful as a backup down the line, if we have a friend with us that only goes once or twice a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

I came across this add recently

Hi Folks.
    Foam Boards For Sale @ Gtown Surf School
    Due to expansion & to make way for our new fleet of school boards we have about ten foam boards to sell at the moment.

These are ideal for families/ beginners or people that just wanna have some safe fun. They are all in fair to good condition with fresh leashes and priced from €125 to €175, call us to arrange a viewing / test surf.

I'll offer deals to people buying two or more boards.

087 8768549

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Thanks for that - I'll try them out & see if they've any left.
    As it happens, will be in Cork in a few weeks time - how far is Garretstown from the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

About 30 min i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

not too far, its a bit past kinsale.
    maybe 40 min from the city?
    I there, i had my first few lessons on those foam boards.
    they are the blue and yellow "swell" ones.

Let me know how it goes, I was looking at getting a 5/6 foor board for my son this summer and was thinking about getting a portwest one or the one from the uk on ebay.

Edit: beaten to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I believe the Tramore surf shop were selling of a few foamers too, think I saw them on the used boards section of their site. Ex-rentals too as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Plce in Kilkee also stock em...A friend bought em and said they were the cheapest he had priced, seemed same quality as portwest etc. 6ft - 10ft foamies.... Oceanlife.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have one for sale..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

cheers folks - all I get in that oceanlife site is dive gear, cant see any surfboards.

seachto7, what size, condition is it & whereabouts are you based?
    what sort of prices are you thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TheP

I deleted your first message - Please don't use the board to advertise. If you wish to advertise with us please contact one of out Admins or the Community Manager. Thanks - c - 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It's a 9ft board, with a few small dents, but nothing serious. I can try and get a few pics up...
    I'm in Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KellsterTulla

Looking for a couple of starter boards, live in kildare area. Any out there???

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

looking for a 9ft foamie if anyone has one for sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

loctite wrote: »
    Plce in Kilkee also stock em...A friend bought em and said they were the cheapest he had priced, seemed same quality as portwest etc. 6ft - 10ft foamies.... Oceanlife.ie

sorry :o....

afaik they had a surf store too........

• Registered Users Posts: 33 premiercounty

one for sale here, by me !:D

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=207997&cat=500

Price negotiable

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Holy cow! €300 for foamie? are you serious?

Advertisement