Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 11-05-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Is the following a money making scam? I have received this unsolicited content in an email and my first name is also used.
    "The free Personal Astrological Reading which you recently requested from me is now entirely ready for you at the following web page:

http://aboutastro.com/yf.php?c=znik0&r=27

Simply click on the link above to read your full analysis now, as it is a long personal text I prefered to put it on my secure website rather than send it through to your email box. Sometimes emails can get lost as we both know! I have a great deal of important things to tell you Trish and I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by the results of your Reading.

All the best,

Jenna - Your Professional Astrologer

If, however you no longer wish to receive any messages from me, please let me know at : http://aboutastro.com/removemail.php?c=znik0&r=27 "

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

tryu wrote: »
    Is the following a money making scam? I have received this unsolicited content in an email and my first name is also used.
    "The free Personal Astrological Reading which you recently requested from me is now entirely ready for you at the following web page:

http://aboutastro.com/yf.php?c=znik0&r=27

Simply click on the link above to read your full analysis now, as it is a long personal text I prefered to put it on my secure website rather than send it through to your email box. Sometimes emails can get lost as we both know! I have a great deal of important things to tell you Trish and I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by the results of your Reading.

All the best,

Jenna - Your Professional Astrologer

If, however you no longer wish to receive any messages from me, please let me know at : http://aboutastro.com/removemail.php?c=znik0&r=27 "

All astrology is a scam, as is anything that comes in spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Awful...don't believe a word. A friend and I "tested" one of these type things out before. We both sent different information and got exactly the same "readings". Don't pay any attention, to be honest, what Spear said....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

id stay away from that it definitely sounds like a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Sounds terrifyingly convincing. She even knew your name..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

scam,honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

The site is genuine. I filled out info last year, but didn't go through to the full reading, so I reckon someone gave your email and name perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

The site is genuine. I filled out info last year, but didn't go through to the full reading, so I reckon someone gave your email and name perhaps?

Told you so, isn't it amazing that she knew your name and all. I'd definitely spend some money on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Told you so, isn't it amazing that she knew your name and all. I'd definitely spend some money on this.

well why dont YOU spend YOUR money on it so and stop teasing the o/p...

o/p:the site is genuine but the readings are crap,dont waste your money.the internet isnt the best place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭tryu

I have no intention of taking this forward - thanks for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

It's sounds like a scam. I would agree that Internet is not the best place for getting astrological readings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

karynp wrote: »
    well why dont YOU spend YOUR money on it so and stop teasing the o/p...

o/p:the site is genuine but the readings are crap,dont waste your money.the internet isnt the best place to go.

That's true - you *can* get decent astrological readings (if that really is of interest to you), just not from that particular website. Visit www.astro.com, www.cafeastrology.com, or www.astrology-numerology.com. They have plenty of free resources on their sites that you can avail of. No scamming, no bullsh1t. They do have more elaborate readings that you can choose to pay for, but that's obviously entirely up to you. I'll point out that, with some of their free resources, a rudimentary understanding of astrology is useful and/or helpful in order to 'get' where what they say/write comes from. That is, if you're someone who likes to know the origins of conclusions that are made, and such.

Advertisement