Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caution: Microsoft second chance

Options
  • 11-05-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

If you want to use Microsoft's second chance offer, you must register for it before you book your exam. They will give you a code which you then use when making the booking.

I learned this the hard way - I booked my exam a few weeks ago, and went to register with Microsoft yesterday only to find it was too late.

I know most people probably aren't as stupid as me, but I thought it might be a good idea to post a warning, and maybe save some other idiots from a similar fate ;)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055230479

:)

Same thing happened to a couple of my colleagues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

I am doing an MCP soon, so I hope to use this, when I go to register it asks for the MCP ID, I have not done an MCP before so don't have one, do I have to do one of the exams before to get the ID then I can use it from then on or what do I have to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Barrypr wrote: »
    I am doing an MCP soon, so I hope to use this, when I go to register it asks for the MCP ID, I have not done an MCP before so don't have one, do I have to do one of the exams before to get the ID then I can use it from then on or what do I have to do?

You are given your MCP ID number when you complete your first exam. It gives you access to the MCP site, which allows you to view your transcripts and results and has a load of resources you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Anto123

I received a second chance code ok without an MCP ID. I think I just left the field blank.

Advertisement