Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keats Question

Options
  • 11-05-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone know where I can find any, or possibly could anyone throw down 3/4 bullet points on the imagery used in Keats' poems??

Many thanks:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Badboy1977

There is a website All Honours. Its an Irish site. Try that. Failing that there is a world of poetry books out there with sample answers. Buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Ummm from what I remember Beaux1 posted some notes on Keats ages ago... I can't remember what's in them , but they're probably worth a look anyway!

Aha, found it...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055425417

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Ummm from what I remember Beaux1 posted some notes on Keats ages ago... I can't remember what's in them , but they're probably worth a look anyway!

Aha, found it...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055425417
    B-E-A-utiful!

Thank'n you, and Beaux1 of course!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Could Anyone explain this please?
    Its not in Beaux1's notes but...
    Keats remarks that
    ‘Beauty is truth and truth beauty, - that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know’.
    Here he can be taken to say that pain beautiful and that it is thus the only thing real. However because beauty is linked to pain (which makes it beautiful) ironically this takes away from its beauty simultaneously.

I just really dont get it!

Advertisement