Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test drive Focus RS

• 11-05-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭

Got my test drive for the Focus RS booked for early June up north! Im very excited!:D has anybody driven one yet?

Are there any new Focus RS's in the republic at the mo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

AFAIK, my oul fella's place has one ordered, i think its due in in June. I've priced up one for one of the boardsies on here, and IIRC delivery if around 3 months if its a factory order. There's only a small number earmarked for over here too.

Havent seen one in a dealer yet though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Got my test drive for the Focus RS booked for early June up north! Im very excited!:D has anybody driven one yet?

You lucky dog - I haven't seen any yet. Enjoy the test and let us all know how you get on pls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The words flying around my head to describe you right now...I think I'll settle on lucky git (to be polite:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

I will let you all know how it goes, im really looking forward to it! I hope the dealer lets me give it a good rake thourgh test drive!

I think there are 4 up north at the mo, 2 in dealers and 2 bought and being driven around!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I drove current model ST and all I can say is make sure you keep your handings tightly gripped around the wheel! Due to all the ponies kicking the front wheels it tends to jump around a good bit. I heard the fancy revo-knuckle diff isnt amazing but it helps with the torque steer.

You should have tried the MkI Focus RS. That was plain scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Anybody any idea of the list price of these in UK? Seen a white one on pistons heads selling 2nd hand for 29k stg with 100 miles on clock. Can't post link as on mobile at min

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

STG£25k basic I think. I hear some premiums are being paid however, which is insane.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I drove current model ST and all I can say is make sure you keep your handings tightly gripped around the wheel! Due to all the ponies kicking the front wheels it tends to jump around a good bit. I heard the fancy revo-knuckle diff isnt amazing but it helps with the torque steer.

I have a Mazda 3 MPS at the mo which is putting 260 bhp through the front wheels, so i'll be prepared for the torque steer!

They are around 26k asking price in the north.

STG£25k basic I think. I hear some premiums are being paid however, which is insane.

Here we are. Sold for £29,995
    http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/971326.htm

971326-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭UhOh

not yet although 2 were spotted last week in the Dublin docks.

I have one ordered, it's due to arrive in the next few weeks. Should be one of the first official ones in the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

971326-3.jpg

WTF on the plate.. couldnt be more appropriate for when people see it go flying by them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You lucky..lucky man..

I saw one up close at a car event in the UK last w/e. Looks mean.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Lucky Git :P

Would love to bring one for a spin, must give a few dealers up north a bell..

I nearly had a RS ordered but had to put it on hold due to work (or possible lack of it :( )

Hopefully I'll get my hands on one in the not too distant future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Saw this posted on the Ford Focus owners club website:
    I've had mine on order for 2 months now and have been told to expect it around October time. Going by what I've heard recently, if you order now you'd be looking at Nov/Dec time or even into the new year.

The problem isn't so much demand..it's more the fact that Ford are only building 20 or so cars per day...and the Saarlouis plant are only building them on certain days of the week. The UK are getting 4000 cars with another 4000 distributed everywhere else. So it's going to take while... Wink

Might be worth phoning a couple of dealers and see what they say.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

971326-3.jpg

I came a little :o

Ford Focus RS one (not so) careful owner, only 500 miles, damage should polish out!

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

OP please don't does this on your test drive!

invest4deepvalue.com

^ Bloody hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

That's not an Mk1 RS. Probably a Mk2 ST

Mayshine wrote: »

no, thats a brand new Mk2 RS :eek:

I think it was a dealer demo car out on a photo shoot a few weeks back. The back end was left sticking out a gate entrance on a corner & got hit by a truck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Was thinkin that my self but I think you can kinda see the edges of the S at the side of the railing

And its got the same spoiler as the white one at the top

It is an RS!

In a VW dealers in Milton Keynes, photos on RS owners club website and they would probably know!:rolleyes:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Do-more wrote: »
    It is an RS!

In a VW dealers in Milton Keynes, photos on RS owners club website and they would probably know!:rolleyes:
    I think they thought you ment a Focus Mk1, I thought thats what you ment, till I re-read you're original post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

There is one in the country someone is South Tipp has one in Ultimate green, It passed me on the road last night.

They are one serious car!!! I had the pleasure of driving one of them a few weeks back in the UK and my god they are absolutely mental but its not easy to blag a spin in one at a dealers I have thier demo booked for next year and arrived in my mk1 RS so hence I got a spin but other than you'd need to be a first cousin of the Stigs to get a spin :)

Cant wait to get it over here as they are just the dogs danglies to drive and compared to the original focus rs it doesnt have the pull the wheel out of your hands feel they're famous for..

As for the lad hoping to get a decent spin I seriously doubt any dealer will let you drive one hard as they really have to be broke in properly or they run into lots of bother in the following years.

Apparantly there is two known CatD new type RS's in the UK, One was offered to me through the dealer which only needed 2 headlamps, bonnet and a bumper but I'd prefer to have a minter!!!!

I doubt Ford Ireland will sell many as the price is just mental over here, Car can be bought, VRT'd and imported over here for around 36k thats if you do the required 6000 miles on it over in the UK. I heard the irish ones will be about 45-50k

I doubt Ford Ireland will sell many as the price is just mental over here, Car can be bought, VRT'd and imported over here for around 36k thats if you do the required 6000 miles on it over in the UK. I heard the irish ones will be about 45-50k

I know someone getting his from the UK & with VRT etc he's actually paying more then I am. Base price is 43,565 btw.....not bad when consider how much a S3, WRX STi Or Evo X are brand new here

just on numbers, I'd heard Ford Ireland are getting 12 cars but only 4-5 of them have been sold. Obviously a few more people will have them through the North & the UK. I'd love to see that Green RS in South Tipp, doubt it's been bought through Ford Ireland though, as far as I know their still waiting for their 2 press cars.
    Found out today that my RS has left the factory in Germany, so it should be here within a forthnight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I want pics of the RS UhOh when it arrives....;)

Mik_da_man dont forget me now sure you wont!

Hopefully the oul fella's one will be around soon, i'l get a good spin out of it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

No Bother :)

And I also can confirm that the RS costs more to import for the UK rather than getting it here.
    Trust me - I did the sums (a few times:p)

Wouldn't mind seeing that Green one in Tipp, would going up there and driving around be considered stalking??....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

UhOh wrote: »
    I know someone getting his from the UK & with VRT etc he's actually paying more then I am. Base price is 43,565 btw.....not bad when consider how much a S3, WRX STi Or Evo X are brand new here

just on numbers, I'd heard Ford Ireland are getting 12 cars but only 4-5 of them have been sold. Obviously a few more people will have them through the North & the UK. I'd love to see that Green RS in South Tipp, doubt it's been bought through Ford Ireland though, as far as I know their still waiting for their 2 press cars.
    Found out today that my RS has left the factory in Germany, so it should be here within a forthnight :D

Mazda 3 MPS gives it a run for its money.They are what 37k? and they are a bit more discreet if you like that.Focus is much cooler though:pac:

RS is great and all, some car for the money etc, but you cant really compare it to an STI or EVO X!! In a straight line sure it will give them a fright, but on dirt, gravel, sand, wet surfaces and so on its not going to bother them at all.Thats why they are 50k+ and RS is 43K :D

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Mazda 3 MPS gives it a run for its money.They are what 37k? and they are a bit more discreet if you like that.Focus is much cooler chavier though:pac:

Corrected that for you (I have an MPS:D), Im going to find out if there is much differnce between the two and whether it'd be better to upgrade the MPS, or save like a Bast*rd for the RS! So much hype with them, I'll not know till I get behind the wheel!

• Advertisement

Save a few years for a proper, turbo charged rally car :P

EVO XI maybe?

I have a hatchback fetish!

The new STI and S3 will be getting tests soon too! more for comparison purposes (althougth if something really tickles my fancy.......)

Sqaull20 wrote: »

but you cant really compare it to an STI or EVO X!! In a straight line sure it will give them a fright, but on dirt, gravel, sand, wet surfaces

probably not on dirt, sand or gravel but would you pay 20 grand more just to know that (both are over 60k!!)?....can't say I have any plans to drive on those surfaces in the near future but on roads, wet or dry it'll put up a good fight, if the magazine comparisons are anything to go by.

Just out of curiousity, what part of South Tipp was it? Not around Clonmel by any chance? That town seems to have Irelands highest concentrations of ST's so I woudlnt be surprised to see an RS floating around there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

Focus RS is a tasty car alright, what sort of power would be gained with a remap, anyone hazard a guess? 350 BHP through the front wheels might be a bit of a handful

UhOh wrote: »
    probably not on dirt, sand or gravel but would you pay 20 grand more just to know that (both are over 60k!!)?....can't say I have any plans to drive on those surfaces in the near future but on roads, wet or dry it'll put up a good fight, if the magazine comparisons are anything to go by.

Maybe.

Still I wouldn't feel too confident myself, with the foot to the floor, going through puddles on the M7 with 300bhp screaming at the front.

With the EVO X, it would be **** that, cant stop :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

There is officially a frozen white focus rs owned by a lad from Clonmel, Still on NI plates and around the town a bit in the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

I've seen a fair few around the country, didn't think they were *that* rare on the ground, are they? Can't remember if they were on UK or Irish plates...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

cianclarke wrote: »
    I've seen a fair few around the country, didn't think they were *that* rare on the ground, are they? Can't remember if they were on UK or Irish plates...

There were four German registered examples around Leixlip last week for the Irish press launch. Ford Ireland haven't been able to get their hands on right hand drive models yet. They are hoping to be getting the first ones in this month.

Ford Ireland haven't been able to get their hands on right hand drive models yet. They are hoping to be getting the first ones in this month.

they got their 2 press cars in over the weekend. The first 3 cars destined for customers arrive in next week

There is officially a frozen white focus rs owned by a lad from Clonmel, Still on NI plates and around the town a bit in the last few days

there's a white in Glenmore (just outside Waterford City) aswell. Not sure if it's on Irish plates yet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hopefully, one might just arrive on the back of a transporter outside our office. Being the kind sole I am, obviously I'd offer to help out the truck driver by moving it out of the way while he loads up whatever repmobile he's taking from me.

Fingers crossed - it's how I got to drive a new S4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

cianclarke wrote: »

You sure you're not thinking of the ST?

• Advertisement
Advertisement