Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 weeks to go...

Options
  • 11-05-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Is everyone else increasing their work load? I have doubled the amount of study I used to do!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've decreased my work-load tbh, want to be fresh and ready for them. No point in trying to squeeze every last piece of info into your head 3 weeks before the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I've decreased my work-load tbh, want to be fresh and ready for them. No point in trying to squeeze every last piece of info into your head 3 weeks before the exams.

Tooootally disagree. But I can't study, I can only cram. I shall be squeezing every tiny little piece of info possible into my head in the next three weeks.

Seriously, cramming is my best friend. I'll still be reading my notes until we go into the examhall, and they force us to put them away.

Tooootally disagree. But I can't study, I can only cram. I shall be squeezing every tiny little piece of info possible into my head in the next three weeks.

Seriously, cramming is my best friend. I'll still be reading my notes until we go into the examhall, and they force us to put them away.

I'm a crammer aswell I suppose, but I feel if I start trying to force stuff into my head now it will make me mess-up, if it hasn't stuck in my head over 2 years I can't see me making it stick within 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Like everyone else, I can only cram. Studying does nothing for me. I seriously reckon I'd be better off cramming for 3 weeks than studying for 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Cramming fo lyf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I have doubled the amount of study I used to do!
    I hate you.

You- I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Cramming for the lose! If studying doesn't work for you it means you're studying wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Cramming for the lose! If studying doesn't work for you it means you're studying wrong.

But if cramming works, then you're cramming right! :P

It hasn't failed me yet :)

But if cramming works, then you're cramming right! :P

It hasn't failed me yet :)
    Haha, nice one.

Cramming may not always work for you (then again looking at some of my friends in 3rd/4th year in college, maybe it does...), so it is of benefit to at least learn how to study the "proper" way. : p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

So studying extra hard for the 3 weeks before the exams is bad?? :confused:

I've been doing fairly good work all year - now I'm gonna work myself into the ground - as soon as English Paper 1 starts, we're all technically finished. It's like eating a HUGE meal, and then getting sick for two weeks. Stuff it all in, throw it all back out over two weeks, and then we're all free :cool:

• Advertisement

El Pr0n wrote: »
    So studying extra hard for the 3 weeks before the exams is bad?? :confused:
    Nah, cramming suggests leaving all of the study to the last minute. So if you'd spent the year going "dum dee dum, not going to do anything until the last 3 weeks/last week/last day", then yes, that is bad. In my eyes, at least. Some people apparently swear by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

"Ah bollocks" is a good way to describe my situation.

I think my brain must have decided to go and break itself. Since Christmas I haven't been able to recall any of what I've learned. I was in Irish the other day wondering what the word for 'woman' was. Can never get the differences in tenses into my head either.

What the ****, seriously. **** you brain, now is not the time for coward killing forgetting large chunks of information.

The only thing I can remember is maths formulae that I'm given in the exam.

Thus I see the problem, every other subject is not maths. Please fix the Leaving Cert, I would prefer it if it were all maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

The only thing I'm really worried about at the moment is English. I've thought about it though and if I get 60% in Paper 1, then I can just get 20% in Paper 2 which sounds easy enough... My teacher isn't really helping me at the moment so I'm just hoping for a pass. Then I've got Biology where I've got all Unit 1 and 2 sorted. It's just cramming all of Unit 3 which I hate.

bythewoods wrote: »

You- I love you.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Fringe wrote: »
    The only thing I'm really worried about at the moment is English. I've thought about it though and if I get 60% in Paper 1, then I can just get 20% in Paper 2 which sounds easy enough... My teacher isn't really helping me at the moment so I'm just hoping for a pass.

That reminds me actually. We have a substitute in because our teacher badly injured herself and so far all she's been telling us to do is the comprehensions and such. We've been doing pretty much just that since the mocks and I'm starting to worry about the whole poetry/macbeth/crap like that business. English class feels like such a waste of time at the moment.

Moreso than usual. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Fringe wrote: »
    The only thing I'm really worried about at the moment is English.
    I hear you! I've been sitting here for the last 40 minutes trying to come up with an idea for a short story and still have absolutely nothing! I can't write essays for my life :( And I've learned nothing from Macbeth and poetry as of yet! The only thing I feel comfortable with is the comparative.....and the comprehensions. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I hear you! I've been sitting here for the last 40 minutes trying to come up with an idea for a short story and still have absolutely nothing! I can't write essays for my life :( And I've learned nothing from Macbeth and poetry as of yet! The only thing I feel comfortable with is the comparative.....and the comprehensions. :pac:

Pick some thing like a movie or something in history ie: soldier during the 1916 easter rising, that's the type of thing i usually base my story's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Can't see how something you learnt months ago could still be in your head tbh. Definite crammer here. Learned my Michelangelo question 10 minutes before the Art History exam and got 50/50 in the mocks. It really isn't that hard when it's fresh in my mind. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

English paper 2 could be an issue alright. I'm very sketchy on the poets and Macbeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

10 hour days starting next wednesday! Sorted, i should have about 50hours of applied maths revised before the exams comes around! :D:D Excellent......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

I feel fairly alright for seven of my exams, but English will be a problem. Still haven't chosen all 5 of my poets, have 2 so far and Macbeth.....well...

I wouldn't bother doing any more than 6 or so hour days, the risk of burning out is too great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

timmywex wrote: »
    10 hour days starting next wednesday! Sorted, i should have about 50hours of applied maths revised before the exams comes around! :D:D Excellent......:)

Is that a school organised thing, or just your own plans? Good luck with it, i think i'd be dead if i did that for 3 weeks :P

I've definately stepped up the studying, but most of it will probably be done in the last week. But when im not studying, I just cant get away from that guilty feeling that i should be....:mad:

dermo1990 wrote: »
    I feel fairly alright for seven of my exams, but English will be a problem. Still haven't chosen all 5 of my poets, have 2 so far and Macbeth.....well...

5 pppppffffff, gamble mate, Bishop, Keats and Longely and maybe throw in Walcott and your sorted.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I haven't started yet, I've done nothing all year. I'm a bit worried that I might fail maths and french. I don't even know what I want to do in college. I'm sick now :( so I'm going to seriously start cramming when I'm better, hopefully the
    is weekend, have to go out for my friend's 18th tho :rolleyes: cramming ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I can't study- never could. The only subject I'm really worried about is chemistry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Ye I'm bricking English... I'm not bad at it but it's the one subject (mainly ppr1) that depends on the day and q... especially Macbeth.... I'm shiitin that the most

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

Just did a whole HL maths paper 1 in an hour and a half, made mistakes in two, only docking about 10 marks, is that good?
    5 pppppffffff, gamble mate, Bishop, Keats and Longely and maybe throw in Walcott and your sorted.;)

4 pppppffffff, gamble, Bishop, Keats maybe one Irish poet.:cool:
    Live on the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Just did a whole HL maths paper 1 in an hour and a half, made mistakes in two, only docking about 10 marks, is that good?

Absolutely shocking, basically, get out.

4 pppppffffff, gamble, Bishop, Keats maybe one Irish poet.:cool:
    Live on the edge.

I am :cool: Bishop, Keats and Longleys, was just a suggestion for dermo1990;)

• Advertisement

If you're not going to do all the poets only study the women. A woman is basically guaranteed every year. As should be a person of a different culture. ie. Walcott.

Personally I'm doing Walcott, Longley, Rich and Bishop. I'm not so worried about it due to getting a B3 in the mocks. I'm aiming for a B1/A2 in the real thing obviously.

As for me, I'm pretty much worried for Accounting, History, French and Irish.

Although I think I can get a decent grade in all. Accounting is just learning off a manufacturing Layout and the forumlae. so I could get a B.

As for History. I aced my RSR so, I should be on the way for a C. A low one mind you. Its a pity, I have no interest in this subject at all.

French is a MEH. I wasn't great in my oral, and its a subject I'm worried about. My teacher says I'm capable of a C though, and from him thats incredible. Considering he doesn't give anything higher than a D regularly. I'm just hoping I can understand the text.:p

As for Irish, I think I'm set. I messed up the Aiste and Comprehensions, still getting better than what I expected in the mocks. I should get a C. As I know more now than I did! Lets pray for an Cearrbach Mac Caba in the HL ;)

in my others... Well, Geography as everyone knows is EASY. I just need to learn off Geo Ecology.

I've dropped to pass maths.... Its so amazingly easy. A1 all the way :D

Advertisement