Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographing Kids...

• 11-05-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

While I know threads pop up from time to time discussing model release forms and street photography. My camera club send the following information around to all it's members I've had a quick look through it and there seems to be a lot of common sense to it. These are guidlines from The Lions Club only not law.

I know a few people here have kids would you guys be happy going along with these guidelines whether photographing other peoples kids or someone shooting your own kids.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You have about 7 HTTP's in that link

Some good guidelines though, nice job

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Basic enough guidelines alot of them are common sense but good idea none the less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I mostly agree except for what I understand is a misprint in the first paragraph, either that or it's badly written (or I'm just misinterpreting)
    Photographs can be used as a means of identifying children when they are accompanied with personal information, for example, - this is X who is a member of the Something Club and who likes Westlife. This information can make a child vulnerable

There should not be any way a child can be identified from a photo if you're not a parent/guardian of that child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

A very good starting point - a lot of common sense and a useful resource if organisations haven't developed such a policy / practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Many organisations have their own codes of conduct. People associated with the organisation normally sign up to such a code of conduct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Bit over the top and alarmist if you ask me, assuming that if there's any possibility of a kid being identifiable in a picture, they're gonna get abducted and/or raped. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Blisterman wrote: »
    Bit over the top and alarmist if you ask me, assuming that if there's any possibility of a kid being identifiable in a picture, they're gonna get abducted and/or raped. It's ridiculous.

You need to prepare for this with kids, and I have been thinking lately I need to go over detqails on some of my personal pages as pictures of my kids are up there, I am not alarmist and am proud of my kids but read on...

A worst case scenario recently happened to a member of my family, not my child but a close close member. The child in question is quite a little performer as are many in our family. Some video footage was taken of the child and uploaded to youtube. The video was taken with the parents consent, they are very proud of their child, talent and good looks included and were proud to have this. A couple of months on a friend called asking for a link to the video. A few minutes later the frient called back saying similar to the following was added as a comment to the video a month previous:

Hate this shower of ***** Murders, paedophiles and rapists this is child a, 2 Joe Bloggs Lane Dublin, have fun

Well as you can imagine this was quite shocking. Case is being investigated and obvioulsy details removed but the only thing worse than that was somebody actually heeding this nutcase and visiting the child in question as all details given were correct!

Here's an article in today's Independent - http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/parenting/tot-toddles-home-from-creche-alone-1736919.html

The article contains a photo of a child, with parents, giving their full names and also their full address.

Some may find it interesting (as well as the article itself).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Those people are using that opportunity to get themselves some easy money if you ask me, imagine claiming that a 2 year old child was suffering post traumatic stress and 'separation anxiety'! Compo-itis more like it.

Paulw wrote: »
    Here's an article in today's Independent - http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/parenting/tot-toddles-home-from-creche-alone-1736919.html

The article contains a photo of a child, with parents, giving their full names and also their full address.

Some may find it interesting (as well as the article itself).

Wow, name, address, age, school, location of school, routh the kid takes.

That is alot of information, scary stuff

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    Wow, name, address, age, school, location of school, routh the kid takes.

That is alot of information, scary stuff

Ok, considering the school and route are over 3 years different from when the incident occurred, I think that makes a big difference.

With regards to the image, name, address, etc, it just shows that there are no hard and fast rules. It will differ depending on usage of image and circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I see in the Star they have a map of the route.

hahaha

Advertisement