Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Game Endings **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Halo 2: We all know what happened here. Slugging through hours of some of the worst designed levels ever waiting for the game to live up to the opening level. then just as you are about to head back to earth and the game is about to pick up, the credits roll.

MGS 4: Hours of inane badly written drivel. As satisfying as getting kicked in the ballox after a long days work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jericho came straight to my mind when i saw the title. It was a pretty average game, but the ending blew. Same with Mohaa. Mine first choice would be Shenmue 2 though. Spent the whole bloody game looking for Ling, then you find her in a cave and it ends with some weird floating sword thing. I mean wtf? :confused:

Probably wouldnt be so bitter if they had gotten to release another sequel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The end of Oblivion.. following someone to spot X to watch a dragon puke fire over an oversized Orc thing.. I liked the rest of the game, just found the end very passive, could the player not have been better involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Fallout 3 because it was unsatisfying and didnt let you wander the wasteland afterwards. Thank god for Broken Steel

But honestly, The Lion King on SNES is unbeatable. Simba walks up to a rock, roars and lightning appears. That's it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Quake is another awful one. Just a shot of the quake guy and a dreadful congratulations message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, Crysis or should I say "Crysis: Episode 1"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Tomb Raider 1 back in 1996.
    Spend hours fighting against 1.) The puzzles 2.) The controls.
    Eventually you beat the last boss, escape and are rewarded with...
    with what exactly? I blinked and actually missed the whole ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Whatever happened to complete games? Crysis was a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'm going to throw in HL2 as I just finished it recently and I have no idea what was going on at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Deus Ex.

Really billed the endings on the box and such and they were all crap. Having one bad ending is one thing but three.

Edit. The Jericho storyline looks so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

One that people seem to love, others seem to hate...me being the latter..

Final Fantays 10 !!

What ! seriously !!?!..this is the ending ?....you're having a laugh...a dream ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Final Fantays 10 !!

What ! seriously !!?!..this is the ending ?....you're having a laugh...a dream ?

You either completely missed the point or have no taste. Sounds like you thought it did a Dallas, which it definitely didn't do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really enjoyed the whole of MGS4, including the ending, it was the first Metal Gear title I had finished since MGS on the PS. Sure it wasn't as interactive as it might have been but it was a great cinematic experience, probably because of all the great cinemas :)

As for Halo 2, yeah, it came a but suddenly, the end that is, but that was mostly, in my case, because i was playing it on normal when I should have bumped the difficulty up a bit, other than that I thought the game fantastic, as was it's predecessor and the follow up.

Half Life 2's ending was perfectly fitting with the rest of the tale, the thing is that why should a videogame stick to a traditional hollywood act structure? Why not have an open ending that leaves things unanswered, just like in the real world, all be it with antlions and zombie alien thingys....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Deus Ex.

Really billed the endings on the box and such and they were all crap. Having one bad ending is one thing but three.

Edit. The Jericho storyline looks so bad

I'm confused, is this the cult 'original' game or the recent sequel?

I haven't played the first one, gutted now..

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Knights of the Old Republic 2.As far as I can remember it was just a cutscene with the ship speeding off. Thoroughly unsatisfying. KOTOR 1 was marginally better.

Bioware make great games but the endings leave a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Knights of the Old Republic 2.As far as I can remember it was just a cutscene with the ship speeding off. Thoroughly unsatisfying. KOTOR 1 was marginally better.

Kotor1 ending was great. The sequel was an unfinished mess but you can't blame Bioware as it was developed by Obsidian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Amalgam wrote: »
    I'm confused, is this the cult 'original' game or the recent sequel?

I haven't played the first one, gutted now..

The game was great but with so much freedom in the game I expected the endings to follow the same flow but insteas you just got three cookie cutter boring ones

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Kotor1 ending was great. The sequel was an unfinished mess but you can't blame Bioware as it was developed by Obsidian.

Fair point. I had forgotten that Obsidian did that one.

The ending for the first one mixed. The good ending was good. I thought the bad ending was, well, bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

team fortress 2. just a voiceover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You either completely missed the point or have no taste. Sounds like you thought it did a Dallas, which it definitely didn't do.

No, I got the story, and understood it. I just hated it compared to 9's ending.
    The game itself was quality

• Advertisement

Meh, i liked it, it fit in with the story, was emotional and satisfying for me and didn't wuss out. FFIX was light hearted and a bit fluffy but then again it suited the game perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

I'm sorry. YOU FLEW OUT OF A NUCLEAR BLAST IN A HELICOPTER? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF EMP? YOU CRASH AND DIE. THE GAME SUCKED. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

I'm sorry. YOU FLEW OUT OF A NUCLEAR BLAST IN A HELICOPTER? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF EMP? YOU CRASH AND DIE. THE GAME SUCKED. :/
    shielded electronics I imagine for such an event :P

fear2 last fight/ending was muck.

that's all I can think of I played recently.

oh, wanteds ending is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Entombed on the Commodore64. After having spent literally months playing through the game working out what needs to be done (no save points back in those days) and finally walking out the door, you get the below ending:

entombed2.gif

To say my brother and I were disappointed was an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Fahrenheit

/thread

Although granted it applies to the last say 1/3 of the game.

I know it was old and stuff but.. the ending of Doom 1. Great soundtrack, but disappointing that it's all just words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Stars Wars: KNOTR II.

A clearly unfinished game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

KOTOR2 was Obsidian.

I ain't played Jade Empire so I can't comment on that but KOTOR1 and ME1 endings were very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Metroid: Well done! *back to first level*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Eye of the Beholder on the Amiga back in the day. Publisher was to mean to spring for an extra disk so the ending was a dump to dos prompt lol.

Advertisement