Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beckett Bridge

Options
  • 11-05-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the new bridge arriving

230065_1.jpg?ts=1242054206

Heard reports and people saying it looks like a Harp :confused:

Anyway.

Anyone know if it's pedestrian or for traffic also?

A man this morning said it can take a Luas if needs be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 adrem

Looks great, in from early 2010 - 4 lanes of traffic and the capability to take light rail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its meant to look like a harp on its side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

The lads over in Commuting and Transport have been keeping an eye on this for a while now
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055547326

Luas tracks are built into it but will be covered over and used as ordinary traffic lanes until such atime as they are needed

Not sure about pedestrian access to be honest, looks plenty wide enough for it though

I think it looks great, apparantly the Dutch people liked it a lot and wanted to keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Luas tracks are built into it but will be covered over and used as ordinary traffic lanes until such atime as they are needed

Not sure about pedestrian access to be honest, looks plenty wide enough for it though

I'm glad to hear it's ready for a future Luas line. I'm actually impressed that this was taken into account!

I heard a report on the radio today (RTÉ1) that it had pedestrian access and cycle lanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The lads over in Commuting and Transport have been keeping an eye on this for a while now
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055547326

Thanks for that link, very interesting pictures and even a video. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Here's a good shot of it I found on the Dublin.ie Forum. I heard on the radio they're going to try and bring it up the Liffey from the East Link today at 2pm. I work down in Dublin Port so I'll be passing by there on my way home.. Should be an interesting sight...

bridges.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 East Link rep

Traffic has now been halted at the East Link Bridge. The barge is moving towards the Bridge. The Bridge itself will open at 2.30pm and the whole process will take approximately one hour.
    Regards
    Rachel

Job done...The Bridge was back down at 3.00pm and the first vehicles back through the East Link Toll Plaza by 3.10pm. All over in less than an hour.
    Regards
    Rachel

Advertisement