Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Deposit

Options
  • 11-05-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey folks have a quick question. I want to get a mortgage. I have 15 k in credit union. Loan of 6k credit card of 7k. Trying to clear some of the card. Meanwhile have found a house I love and want to buy??

Credit union loan the deposit or not and can this be tracked.. hhhhhhhhheeeelpppp:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 musing

anyone at allllllllllllll please advice is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Moved from Media Interaction forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

<snip>

More importantly, if you have practically zero net assets I think its very unwise to take on a mortgage to buy a house in a falling market, let alone have two loans to pay back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 speakswan

I agree with silverside don't borrow the deposit.

First thing transfer your €6k c/card loan to another provider thus availing of an interest free period. Then try to clear the loan as quickly as possible from your income and if not fully paid off by the end of the interest free period then use your savings from CU to finish the loan.

House prices will continue to drop (my guess :) ) for the next year or so.

You will always find another dream house & probably cheaper in the next 12 months.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Advising or asking for advice on supplying false information on a loan application is against the Charter

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement