Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio recording?

Options
  • 11-05-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it is possible to record from two headsets at the same time?

I have a pc with a mic input(and headphone) jack on the front and then also has line in and line out jacks on the back.

For example i have two working headsets with built in mics, i assumed i could record from both but you can only choose one or the other as the recording device.
    Not both.

I've tried using a Y audio splitter, but the sound is very crackly despite the fact that it works fine if splitting two headset cables.

Anyone know if theres a free way around this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

yea, if you record in stereo you can split them into 2 mono signals and record onto one stereo track, the split them later. Or, you can record 2 mono tracks each selecting the left or right channel to record with.

However, to do this somewhat properly, you need 2 sound cards. What you have on the front of your machine is more than likely just something that expands on your sound card thats in the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Right, i've an old creative sound card here somewhere, ill pop it in and see how i go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Advertisement