Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE Problem - Table Borders

Options
  • 11-05-2009 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭

So I've just designed a basic listings site as a first effort in working with php/mysql and have a minor problem with displaying my table rows in IE.

The bottom border displays fine in Firefox but doesn't appear in IE. Does anyone have any idea how this could be corrected?

The CSS i'm using is:
    table.events tbody.entry tr {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    border-bottom: 6px solid #F0EEEF;
    }

You can check out the site here: http://brian-hughes.com/gigroll/index.php

Any other feedback on the design would also be welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Something to do with the border-collapse maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Dades wrote: »
    Something to do with the border-collapse maybe?
    I've it set to collapse at the moment. I think it's a problem with the way IE deals with this setting but I've no idea how to get around it.

If I try style it without border-collapse then a border appears between the table cells which I don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Styling TRs is tough generally, I'm not sure what styles are allowed.

Styling the nested TD generally works out well, so maybe something like this would work.
    }
    table.events tbody.entry tr td {
    }

(nice site BTW! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

p wrote: »
    Styling TRs is tough generally, I'm not sure what styles are allowed.

Styling the nested TD generally works out well, so maybe something like this would work.
    }
    table.events tbody.entry tr td {
    }

(nice site BTW! :) )
    I was certain that was the first thing I tried but obviously not. It's working fine on both browsers now. I guess I thought the problem was a lot more complicated than it actually was.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the site. I was expecting a bit more constructive criticism as it's the first time I posted any link to review my site up on the forum.

Advertisement